Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vikesfan is offline Starter

Question about Smoot

Many people seem to think Smoot is really good. I never cared about the Redskins so I never had a chance to see him play, or did I hear much about him. I was wondering, among the people who have watched him, how good he really is. Also, is it true that his tackling skills aren't very good but his coverage is great? Thanks for any info that anyone has.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Question about Smoot

I've wondered the same thing vf..., All I know is he was highly touted coming out of college and was supposed to go high in the draft. I believe he lasted until the 2nd round.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfan" wrote:
    Many people seem to think Smoot is really good. I never cared about the Redskins so I never had a chance to see him play, or did I hear much about him. I was wondering, among the people who have watched him, how good he really is. Also, is it true that his tackling skills aren't very good but his coverage is great? Thanks for any info that anyone has.
    Great coverage skills...good enough that the Redskins were comfortable with letting Champ Bailey go in FA last year...I live in Redskins country and he is the real deal (and his tackling is still much better than what we had last year at his position)!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

he isnt the body tackler antione is, but he gives up his body like him. his coverage skills are awesome. the only downside to someone like him is that he is a gambler. but as a #2 he is awesome, and will get a ton of intercpetions bc he has the speed and quickness to lure the qb to throwing over to him, which is why hes a gambler.

worshipabba2003 is offline Starter

he is always on the other teams best reciver. i cant rember to much about the times that i have saw him. i no that my eagles went to the other side most of the time on the weeker corners.

:grin:

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

my dad is a eagles fan, so i know alot about the eagles so i got to watch them ALOT. ukeright:

vikesfan is offline Starter

Do you think the Vikes will use him as a real #2 CB. Because last year, even with Winfield, it seemed like we didn't always line him up on the opponents best receiver. For example, when we played Houston I remember Shaw covering Johnson the whole game. But maybe that's because of the height difference, I'm not sure.

Del Rio Guest

Like I said in another post.

Fred Smoot over 4 seasons has managed a measly 182 tackles.

Both of our corners last year each had 80+ in one year. He is not used to this type of D that relies very heavily on the CB's to make the stops. He has everything to proove here.

From what I have seen/heard from my father in law who is a die hard pig fan, Smoot is not a good tackler. If our system remains the same he isn't going to be any better then what we had. If it does change and he is allowed to play CB he will be an improvement.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Like I said in another post.

Fred Smoot over 4 seasons has managed a measly 182 tackles.

Both of our corners last year each had 80+ in one year. He is not used to this type of D that relies very heavily on the CB's to make the stops. He has everything to proove here.

From what I have seen/heard from my father in law who is a die hard pig fan, Smoot is not a good tackler. If our system remains the same he isn't going to be any better then what we had. If it does change and he is allowed to play CB he will be an improvement.
    i think that with all the ppl u added that you might be able to rely less on your corners to make tackles. if so smoot will be good.
    i see him as a #1 corner not a #2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast