Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Question about Marcus Robinson

Since I have yet to see a Vikings preseason game this year and probably won't, I was wondering how Robinson has been doing. Mainly has he been taking pressure off Moss like he was brought in to do or is Moss still facing double and triple teams? I realize the starters haven't played that much, just wondering what you guys have seen.

I did see the highlight of Moss long TD catch against Atlanta and it looked like he was one on one with Hall, no safety help. Has that been typical so far?
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Robinson did real well in the first game against arizona had a couple of catches and a nice run after the catch something we never got from Bates, he didn't play this last game against the falcons cause he's nursing a hamstring injury, but so far what i've seen from him its been real good hope he can stay healthy.

agreed he did well in the first game. And i never knew he would be out thats suprised me. I knew there was something missing in our offense.... he he.. And why dont you watch the games? Is it because you dont have cable or what?

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I agree if Robinson stays healthy he will help.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"TheFloridianVikingFan" wrote:
    agreed he did well in the first game. And i never knew he would be out thats suprised me. I knew there was something missing in our offense.... he he.. And why dont you watch the games? Is it because you dont have cable or what?
    No I have cable but I live in Arkansas right now. So all I get is Rangers and Stros for baseball and Texans and Cowboys for football.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

sd vike i feel your pain here in Texas
    I d rather have a FLAMING CASES OF HERPES than be a CHEESEHEAD!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Question about Marcus Robinson

I don't think there is any question that if robinson plays, he will be that compliment to Moss we have been looking for. The big question will be, how many games will he actually play? Don't worry about the hamstring injury he has now, that isn't a big deal and he would be playing with it if it were the regular season. He still needs to prove he can play a whole season. It is nice to have a guy like burleson behind him though, he looks great this preseason.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Yes, sitting him this week was a precautionary measure...no need getting him banged up worse in a preseason game.

He looked pretty good week 1 against the Cards, but also had one go right through his hands, and missed a TD when he got hit going down and juggled the ball. Overall though, he will be a valuable weapon and I expect him to play all year.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Big C is offline Coordinator

A Star Tribune article says that Robinson won't be fit to play the rest of the pre-season so Burleson is now confirmed to be our #2 WR going in to the season. Burleson will remain the #2 reciever even when Robinson gets back because Tice doesn't want to go in to the regular season with someone who hasn't had too many snaps with the offense. I agree with that decision.

However, I hope this guy gets over this because he is the deep, big reciever we (I) want playing opposite Moss. Then again, Burleson might play the crucial short, important yardage reciever stuff like Carter did. Oh well, we'll see how it pans out.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Yesterday I was talking to my uncle about Marcus Robinson. He is a huge Bears fan (too bad). He was saying that he is a good reciever, but he has such a problem with injuries. He said the guy must be made of toothpicks or something because it seemed like every other play he would get hurt. I think he can be a plus for the team, but we shouldnt play him all the time if he is that fragile. Play him on maybe 5-7 key plays in a every game at 3rd reciever, use him as an alternative 3rd down posession reciever to just run the curl past the markers, catch the ball, then not get hurt. Then jsut save him for the playoffs.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast