Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Question about the color of Vikes home jerseys ????

"Articnv" wrote:
    purple
    = the color of royalty
    Ah... Nice.
    I like it.
    Hopefully Wilf will stay true.

I have noticed the helmets are different.
    A pearly finish, iridescent a bit when the light hits it.

MemphisPurple is offline Training Camp

The blue ones are just fake, I saw about 3 at the game.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
    Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
    If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.
    I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.
    I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
    You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
    Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
    Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL

FAKE
    [img width=450 height=299]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg[/img]
    He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.
    Right on. We get an ugly replica for $75 when you can have a more confortable and better looking sewn jersey for $50. Seems like a no brainer to me. I did notice the slight color difference on mine but I own a lot of vikings clothing and they all vary in shades of purple.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
    If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.
    I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.
    I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
    You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
    Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
    Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL

FAKE
    [img width=450 height=299]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg[/img]
    He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.
    Right on. We get an ugly replica for $75 when you can have a more confortable and better looking sewn jersey for $50. Seems like a no brainer to me. I did notice the slight color difference on mine but I own a lot of vikings clothing and they all vary in shades of purple.
    One can always get the white away jerseys also.

Are the off-color purple ones all indeed fake or are they merely Reebok "factory seconds" due to a mis-dye?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    [quote author=aceclown link=topic=40438.msg687199#msg687199 date=1197086967]

REAL

FAKE

Have you?

Are the off-color purple ones all indeed fake or are they merely Reebok "factory seconds" due to a mis-dye?
    [/quote]

Who knows and who cares?! I like it and that is all that matters.
    ;D

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:

REAL

FAKE

Have you?

[/quote]

I guess that the little kids overseas make less per hour on one of the two

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    [quote author=vikesfan link=topic=40438.msg687200#msg687200 date=1197087293]

REAL

FAKE

Have you?

[/quote]

I guess that the little kids overseas make less per hour on one of the two
    [/quote]

Not necessarily kids. Whether it's Reebook or China knock-offs, many products are made in third world countries overseas where jobs are scarce & most adults work for around a $1.50 an hour or less.

When Jing was a cashier in a huge mall in Cebu City, she brought home about $8-$10 a day. That's just the way it is. In fact, jobs are so scarce there, once you are employed in some jobs, you only get the job for 6 months & then you are terminated regardless of performance to give others an opportunity for temporary employment.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"aceclown" wrote:
    Without getting into the debate of authentic versus knock off jerseys (I happily wear my fake AD jersey...), how do you get your tv professionally calibrated.
    I have a pretty nice HD TV in my family room, and the jerseys tend to look blue for me too.
    In fact, I almost always see the Vikings as blue on TV (Although I go to enough games to know that this is the TV).
    Because it always happened, I thought it had something to do with the signal or the calibration of the cameras.

Sometimes when they switch cameras, the color looks purple, and back to another it looks blue again.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

aceclown is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:

REAL

FAKE

Have you?

He was talking about the fans jerseys, not the players.

Chuch.

aceclown is offline Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    Without getting into the debate of authentic versus knock off jerseys (I happily wear my fake AD jersey...), how do you get your tv professionally calibrated.
    I have a pretty nice HD TV in my family room, and the jerseys tend to look blue for me too.
    In fact, I almost always see the Vikings as blue on TV (Although I go to enough games to know that this is the TV).
    Because it always happened, I thought it had something to do with the signal or the calibration of the cameras.

Sometimes when they switch cameras, the color looks purple, and back to another it looks blue again.
    To get your TV professionally calibrated most experts use SpyderTv, but that is a very expensive kit.
    I was lucky enough to find a review on my TV that logged the calibration results using the Datacolor SpyderTV, and if you search for reviews on the exact model of your TV you might be able to find the "correct" settings somewhere.
    But even that isnt foolproof as every room varies in lighting, but the reds and greens are always spot on so you should see a more accurate representation of colors, namely purple.

Chuch.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast