Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Question about the color of Vikes home jerseys ????

[img width=450 height=299]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg[/img]

[size=10pt]Hey, that looks blue.[/size]

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"SKOL" wrote:
    I have a home jersey I washed incorrectly.
    It's now lavender.
    Lavender isn't cool.
    It sounds pretty :-X LOL

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Maybe Wilf is quietly shifting the colors to blue.
    (he hates purple, really likes blue /giants).
    In order to pull off the 5 year plan, each year the purple will turn more blue and more blue until all the purple is gone without anyone noticing.

Really, this is a professional football team, not a dance troupe, or jive five quartet.
    Is purple really appropriate?

"hx38596" wrote:
    In order to pull off the 5 year plan, each year the purple will turn more blue and more blue until all the purple is gone without anyone noticing.

Really, this is a professional football team, not a dance troupe, or jive five quartet.
    You're right. Screw what the colors have been for the last 50 yrs. We should change them.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:

You're right. Screw what the colors have been for the last 50 yrs. We should change them.
    Yeah I was thinking more of a bright red.

I think you were looking at the Lions players.
    :P

But really i know what you mean...When i look at peeps in the crowd i can tell who bought bootleg gear and who shops on NFL.com

"clark_griswold" wrote:
    I think you were looking at the Lions players.
    :P

But really i know what you mean...When i look at peeps in the crowd i can tell who bought bootleg gear and who shops on NFL.com
    I can't bring myself to shop at nfl.com. Even if I had the money, I couldn't bring myself to pay $250 for a jersey that was made for $5 by some indonesian kid who lost his fingers in the process and got paid $1.20 an hr.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Articnv is offline Coach

purple
    = the color of royalty

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
    Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
    If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.
    I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.
    I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
    You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
    Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
    Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL

FAKE
    [img width=450 height=299]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg[/img]
    Fuck I gotta fake! Fuck it, it still looks cool. I shoulda figured a $55 authentic jersey was too good to be true.
    Sorry about your luck but that post is priceless.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
    Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
    If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.
    I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.
    I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
    You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
    Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
    Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL

FAKE
    He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast