Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vikesfan is offline Starter

Question about the color of Vikes home jerseys ????

Been a Vikes fan all my life... so yes, I'm aware that the jerseys are purple.

However, it looked like at the game last week, some people were wearing the new style of the jerseys and they looked blue. Not all of them were blue, most seemed purple, but some of them looked blue.

Honestly, I thought they looked kinda cool. I have about 10 or more authentic Vikings jerseys and every single one is purple... and they're all the exact same shade of purple. However, I don't have any of the newer jerseys... all the ones I have are the older ones (before 2006).

I'm wondering if some of the ones being made this year are more blue than purple. Anybody have a "blue" one or seen a blueish one, or am I just going crazy? And if you do have one, where did you get it?

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Question about the color of Vikes home jerseys ????

must be your tv man.. :
    our only sure-handed receiver

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They are still purple, and will always be purple

aceclown is offline Coach

The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
    Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
    If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.

Chuch.

vikesfan is offline Starter

"aceclown" wrote:
    Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
    If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.
    I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.

aceclown is offline Coach

"vikesfan" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.
    I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
    You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
    Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
    Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL

FAKE
    [img width=450 height=299]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg[/img]

Chuch.

Maybe you should visit this site

http://colorvisiontesting.com/online%20test.htm
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

"aceclown" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:

I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
    You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
    Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
    Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL

FAKE
    [img width=450 height=299]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg[/img]
    Fuck I gotta fake! Fuck it, it still looks cool. I shoulda figured a $55 authentic jersey was too good to be true.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i'm pretty sure mine is real..

<wipes forehead>

question.. is there any sure fire scientific way to tell.. i.e. a tag, or whats on a tag or something?
    i m better than you, so just give up...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I have a home jersey I washed incorrectly.
    It's now lavender.
    Lavender isn't cool.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast