Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: A question about caustic exclusion and zealotry...

Like any former player that has had an impact on a team (positive, negetive, or otherwise), their name WILL be brought up from time to time. For example: Spergon Wynn. His name comes up quite frequently.

Here is a link to a prime example of when Moss' name will be brought up. http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10501&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

How can you debate PPG from year to year without bringing up Moss. He will be a factor in the debate.

If you read the thread you noticed that arguements were presented, debated, and left to die. Great. That is the way it should be.

Now, the problem is that someone will post something that's clearly out of line to "slap" the poster and all hell breaks loose. (No need for an example, they're every where) Which is exactly why RandyMoss8404 started this thread. This was not meant to be a Moss thread. It's a RESPECT your fellow Purple Prider thread.

Thanks for the thread RandyMoss8404. I, for one, appreciate it.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

PPE,

While I agree with most of your post above - and your reasons for discussing Moss - there is one element I sort of wrestle with. The element of respect.

While I do try and treat everyone equally, I will typically respond to a post based upon it's merits. While it may be egotistical of me to assume that I am qualified to judge the merits of someone else's post, I do so every single time I read and/or reply. Hell, I just finished judging the merits of YOUR post.

So, if a post/poster scores decently on the "Caine Scale", I reply in an open, honest and forthright manner...even if I disagree. If the post/poster does NOT score well, I may take a more confrontational approach (if I reply...if others are already shredding an idiot, I may just "watch the show").

Respect is earned, not given. I don't mind a differing opinion, but if one is offered I expect that person to back up their claim...because I will.

Caine

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Like any former player that has had an impact on a team (positive, negetive, or otherwise), their name WILL be brought up from time to time. For example: Spergon Wynn. His name comes up quite frequently.

Here is a link to a prime example of when Moss' name will be brought up. http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10501&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

How can you debate PPG from year to year without bringing up Moss. He will be a factor in the debate.

If you read the thread you noticed that arguements were presented, debated, and left to die. Great. That is the way it should be.

Now, the problem is that someone will post something that's clearly out of line to "slap" the poster and all hell breaks loose. (No need for an example, they're every where) Which is exactly why RandyMoss8404 started this thread. This was not meant to be a Moss thread. It's a RESPECT your fellow Purple Prider thread.

Thanks for the thread RandyMoss8404. I, for one, appreciate it.
    Yes, PPE. Thanks for pointing out how you like to jump on someone anytime Moss is mentioned. WE can show it over and over. I think people need to move on in life and stop worshipping Moss' jock; almost as bad as Favre lovers who can't admit his sharp downside.

Final point this boils down in general: don't make me babysit. Act like an adult and respect each other. And when guilty of throwing rocks, don't be surprised at the results. Take it, and move on. If you continually stir the pot with the same contaminated ladle, don't be surprised if people start sending back your soup with extreme prejudice.

Or whatever. Golden rule: treat others as you want to be treated.

I find it humorous that those who complain the most are the ones who generally have ignored that golden rule around here.

Note on the included link: I read it without noting any undue harshness or anything really out of line. Someone (clears throat) tried to hijack the thread re: Moss and everyone smartly moved on and ignored. Bravo!!

Schleppy is offline Starter

I sit here drinking my coffee on a Sunday morning, reading the following post and can only think of one thing. Most of us here love the Vikings! I was the Chapter Chair for our union for a few years and one thing I discovered; was even though we were a UNION (unity), we sure had alot of disagreement about how things should be done, i.e. contract,grievances,etc. I guess my point would be, speak your opinion in a way that is not disrespectful to the other poster. Free speech does give you the right to be ignorantly critical.IMHO. Love the sig with the past QB's, I have a guy who painting some SLU's like that. I even have Shaw, Snead, Couzzo, etc. Thanks for your ears...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234