Thread: Question????

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Question????

I am going to the Vikes vs. Rams game on December 11th and I have scored some sweet tickets in row 4 in section 100 or 101! I guess what I want to know is, can I bring a camera into the Metrodome without risk of it being confiscated? I am pretty sure I could get some wicked pics if I can.

Please if soemone with some knowledge on the rules and regulations the NFL puts on cameras and stuff could shed some light on this issue it would be really appreciated!!

Thank you

Cheers!!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Question????

I have seen other members on here that have posted pics that they have taken from the stands so I dont think its a big deal. But I'll let them answer to give you a definate answer

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Thanks wiggles, I think that it would be okay, however if your from out of town and you don't have a vehicle to throw your camera into, if you can't bring it into the Dome, your pretty much pooched. just do not want to lose my camera!

Cheers!

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

http://www.vikings.com/metrodomefaninfo.html

Security Measures on Game Day: The Vikings are requesting fan cooperation with new measures to increase stadium security. Coolers, duffel bags, packages, backpacks, beverage containers, alcohol, mace, laser pointers, noise makers of any kind, metal or wood poles, video cameras, weapons of any type and large purses are banned from NFL stadiums. Fans bringing these items will be asked to return them to their vehicles. Nothing larger than a small purse, which will be subject to inspection, the stadium. In addition, no beverage containers (cans or bottles) can be brought into the stadium. Due to the increased security, fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than usual at the stadium and take their seats sooner to avoid pressure areas at the entry gates. Gates will open two hours before kickoff. An express lane will be added to each gate for those fans not bringing anything into the Metrodome. If the national security level is raised to ‘Orange/High" security personnel will also be conducting pat-downs of all fans upon entering.

Pat-Downs: In order to further enhance fan safety and comfort, everyone entering the Metrodome for all home games will be subject to hand searches beginning with the 2005 home opener vs. Tampa Bay on September 11.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I would think you could bring it in.....

I've been to a number of sporting events (pro) over my lifetime, and I've never been asked to leave my camera behind..

But if your camera is very expensive, just to protect yourself, why not bye on of those disposable cameras?..

There not bad for close ups....

And you could always have the pics made into cd's later.....or scan and copie........Just a thought

Good luck and Have a great time at the game...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet Guest

Bring an expensive camera and a PP.O press pass. You will be fine.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    Bring an expensive camera and a PP.O press pass. You will be fine.
    if I get my PP.O press pass could I get on the field?? if so someone needs to get me one of those ASAP :lol:

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"