umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Quarterbacks & Receivers (video) by Jerry Rhome

Quarterbacks & Receivers (video) by Jerry Rhome
    http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,USC-FBV-00067.html?AID=10273668&PID=673632

Demonstrates proper reads, various formations, 3-step-drop patterns and other fundamentals and techniques for successful quarterback and receiver play. Many drills included. Author : Jerry Rhome. Length : 40.

Hopefully we will see Culpepper in some three step drops. Anyone remember the last time we ran a slant and go ala Tommy Kramer to Anthony Carter? Sure seemed to work under some bad lines.

Hopefully Pep is studying the film as we speak....lol. But in all seriousness, perhaps this what Tice had in mind all along....afterall he knows offense, right?

Re: Quarterbacks & Receivers (video) by Jerry Rhome

By the way Jerry Rhome is one of the two consultants hired by Tice.....

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

yo gotta pay for it.

Go vikes!!

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Hopefully Pep is studying the film as we speak....lol. But in all seriousness, perhaps this what Tice had in mind all along....afterall he knows offense, right?

:banghead: I guess somebody missed a meeting

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

I just have to laugh. I'm sure Daunte and the offense just need a refresher course in fundamentals and techniques and everything will be fine.

4 weeks into the regular season seems a bit late to be bringing someone in to fix your offense. Why weren't they on the staff from the beginning of training camp?

Our problem on offense is we can't commit to anything. The 2 most critical things in football, running the ball effectively and playing defense, and we do neither effectively. Its no wonder we're 1-3.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

I was trying to be a little sarcastic with the post......

4 weeks into the regular season seems a bit late to be bringing someone in to fix your offense. Why weren't they on the staff from the beginning of training camp?

Tunnel Vision......change is difficult especially for an NFL coach who has ran or been a part of the same offense for 10 years+. The Birk injury was a surprise and although Tice had time to bring in some vetern help.....he didn't. Now he is faced with a problem..........(a sytem philosophy without the needed personel)... in a situation he is unfamiliar.

Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

I agree, a philosophy change will be difficult for Tice. I believe the Viks need to do much in the area of short passing as well but wonder if Tice will admit as much. How often did Moss run slants? If he would have the deep throws would have opened up even more for him (Oakland is making him run slants and yes, he has taken some of the biggest hits I have ever seen him take running them).

The 49ers (back in Rice/Montana era) used the short game to open up everything. Slants, out, hooks focus defenses to spread and move up, then running game opens up inside and pop deep to keep DBs honest. I think we need a big bruiser back though. I think Moe should be given the job for now and draft a 225 lbs. plus back.

You hit the nail, Purplefeet.....The Denny Green offense that Tice still runs less the creative high motion Linehan plays takes too long to develop and is too predictable.

You know, before Bill Walsh was credited for the "West Coast" offense, Jerry Burns was already running that offense under Bud Grant in the late 70's. Once Tommy Kramer had taken over for Tark, the Vikings ran the short passing three/five step drop offense and it worked like a charm.

Culpepper is more of a rythm, high % passer and allowing him to roll out or three step and shoot will benefit more than the a big play offense. This will also allow us to sustain drives and keep the defense off the field.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

We should pass with many targets, and short routes.....we should also use play action, and draws....should run more draws...once Moore gets past the blitzers he is up the field for 15 yds!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Great point....short passing game.....screens....those games we played without Moss in the lineup last is what I think most of us invisioned the Viking offense without Moss. Up till now, we have played like Moss was no big loss.