Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Quarterback Quandry (Possible Solution)

I have a weird feeling we send Chester Taylor packing for more draft picks this year and end up using those draft picks to trade for a QB like Anderson. I like Chester but just like with Baltimore he doesn't really have a place on the team as a backup to a star RB. It's unfortunate because he's really a great RB as demonstrated last year...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I have a weird feeling we send Chester Taylor packing for more draft picks this year and end up using those draft picks to trade for a QB like Anderson. I like Chester but just like with Baltimore he doesn't really have a place on the team as a backup to a star RB. It's unfortunate because he's really a great RB as demonstrated last year...
    Very possible that we deal CT this offseason.
    He should have good trade value and it is probably better for Chester as well. He's shown he can be a quality starter, but he won't have that here as long as AD is healthy.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Very possible that we deal CT this offseason.
    He should have good trade value and it is probably better for Chester as well. He's shown he can be a quality starter, but he won't have that here as long as AD is healthy.

I rather hold on to CT just like many teams in the NFL do with their Qb.
    You never know what could happend, and you know you have somebody to fall back on
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

good i hope we send him packing, trade him for some picks or trade him and a pick for a qb

Thanks josdin00

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    All I can say about Jim Sorgi is........HELL NO!
    Good feedback. That really helps, thanks.
    Your welcome.

Why would you even want Jim Sorgi?....Do you honestly think he is better then what we have right now? He will never be a starting QB in the NFL and is not the answer to our problems so...
    How do you know he'll never be an NFL QB?
    He's sat behind a guy who never leaves the field for many years now, so he hasn't gotten a chance to play.
    Don't judge him because he's not beating out Peyton Manning for the starting job.

And because he's sat behind Manning and watched and learned, I bet he knows how to read defenses like a champ and find the open receiver.
    Wouldn't that be cool for the Vikings to have at QB?

I'm not saying run out and sign Sorgi - but you're dismissing him with nothing more than an unsupported assertion that he'll never be a starter.

=Z=
    Sorry dude, but Jim Sorgi is not the answer. He'll never be a starter in this league, and I don't want him taking snaps from Big Birk next year. If u ask me, I think he sucks. 8)
    That is very weak.
    ^

He sucks, why?
    Just coming out and saying "He sucks" proves nothing.
    Maybe a little explanation why "he sucks."

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    All I can say about Jim Sorgi is........HELL NO!
    Good feedback. That really helps, thanks.
    Your welcome.

Why would you even want Jim Sorgi?....Do you honestly think he is better then what we have right now? He will never be a starting QB in the NFL and is not the answer to our problems so...
    How do you know he'll never be an NFL QB?
    He's sat behind a guy who never leaves the field for many years now, so he hasn't gotten a chance to play.
    Don't judge him because he's not beating out Peyton Manning for the starting job.

And because he's sat behind Manning and watched and learned, I bet he knows how to read defenses like a champ and find the open receiver.
    Wouldn't that be cool for the Vikings to have at QB?

I'm not saying run out and sign Sorgi - but you're dismissing him with nothing more than an unsupported assertion that he'll never be a starter.

=Z=
    Sorry dude, but Jim Sorgi is not the answer. He'll never be a starter in this league, and I don't want him taking snaps from Big Birk next year. If u ask me, I think he sucks. 8)
    Just curious.
    What are you basing that opinion on?
    I will give Tony Dungy enough credit to think that he does not have some slug backing up Manning.
    Like Z previously stated he has been watching and learning from Peyton Manning.
    The best quarterback in the league.
    I think it would be great to bring him into camp and see what he can do next year.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Of course it's just speculation....
    But Keiper said on ESPN that McNabb will be a Viking next season. McNabb himself said on a comcast yesterday that the poor play and losses weren't all his fault... he then talked about how all QB's even Brett Farve, go through poor play.... then Steak commented and said he's done in Philly after this year, and that Chicago and Minny are his best fits, then he talked about Childress and AP and that he'd like that...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Of course it's just speculation....
    But Keiper said on ESPN that McNabb will be a Viking next season. McNabb himself said on a comcast yesterday that the poor play and losses weren't all his fault... he then talked about how all QB's even Brett Farve, go through poor play.... then Steak commented and said he's done in Philly after this year, and that Chicago and Minny are his best fits, then he talked about Childress and AP and that he'd like that...
    Sweet bring him in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixie is offline Training Camp

"tb04512" wrote:
    good i hope we send him packing, trade him for some picks or trade him and a pick for a qb
    I'm confused as to how this relates to the QB solution?
    Why would we not want to have 2 great RBs?

We need a Vet Quarterback to solidify what the Vikings have going on right now... if we take a piece out of the puzzle (a good RB) and replace it with another piece (a QB), we are still missing the first piece.
    I am not sure it is a good idea to sacrifice what we have going on right now that is so good when we don't really need to.
    We have the cap space and other options before we start dismantling the core of our team... I just think that would hurt us, not help.

We need a complete unit, period.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I don't want Chester Taylor to go anywhere!!
    I really, really don't think we should assume Peterson can stay healthy!!
    RB is the most punishing position in the NFL!!
    Teams that don't have depth there are nearly always sorry!
    Hell, I'd like to see us find a way to keep Moore around too.
    And, despite AP's success, I still think the one-two punch is the way to go.
    Keep them both fresh and fired up!

As for Sorgi, well he's Unrestricted, that is one thing in his favor.
    Hard to say how he'd do, there's not alot of experience to gauge there.

As for McNabb, I don't particularly care for his attitude either...he just seems to have a way of putting his foot in his mouth.
    I'd sign him to a incentive laden contract if he was cut, but wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for him.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast