Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    As long as it isn't Ponder or Freeman, I'm in.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    There are Few options coming up.

3) this QB class is pretty deep this year. Teddy Bridgewater, tajh Boyd, Johnny Football, Murray, AJ McCarron.
    Draft anyone of one of these guys, drop Ponder and have a true QB competition. Something this team hasn't seen in a long time. Let the best man win.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    I disagree. The college game is changing the pro game. There are becoming less and less drop back, pocket passers and more of the mobile QB's. Each year we see more teams running some type of pistol, read-option, etc. of an offense in college. As the years go by, more kids coming to the league will be mobile. I like the kid from Oregon.
    You're entitled to that opinion but it ain't gonna happen. A QB running around is going to get hurt, only a matter of time. See Vick and RG3. QBs in that system are going to get hit a lot- that's how you defend it. If he's going to get hit a lot he better by a physical speciman like Newton or he's going down.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    You're entitled to that opinion but it ain't gonna happen. A QB running around is going to get hurt, only a matter of time. See Vick and RG3. QBs in that system are going to get hit a lot- that's how you defend it. If he's going to get hit a lot he better by a physical speciman like Newton or he's going down.
    I agree with this. They have been trying to incorporate the running QB into the NFL for a few decades and it just isn't going to work with the way they are also elevating their status and protecting them to the degree they are. It can maybe work if they treat the position more like the RB position but that isn't going to happen. So as long as we run the position like it is the running/ passing QB will be a novelty like Tebow while the true, franchise type guys will be pocket passers.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I agree with this. They have been trying to incorporate the running QB into the NFL for a few decades and it just isn't going to work with the way they are also elevating their status and protecting them to the degree they are. It can maybe work if they treat the position more like the RB position but that isn't going to happen. So as long as we run the position like it is the running/ passing QB will be a novelty like Tebow while the true, franchise type guys will be pocket passers.
    Aaron rogers is a mobile Qb. A lot of progress has been made for mobile Qbs

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Mobile & a threat because of it.

Aaron Rodgers most dangerous to Vikings on the move

Packers' Aaron Rodgers most dangerous to Vikings on the move - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    A mobile QB and a QB running the read/option are two entirely different animals.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    A mobile QB and a QB running the read/option are two entirely different animals.
    And if you look in my original post, it says mobile QB's. You will not see the Peyton Manning type QB anymore. It is going to be at the very least a Rodgers type. The college game is changing how the pro game is run including at the QB position. If there isn't many drop back passers in the college game, there won't be many in the pro game. It is that simple.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I wouldn't refer to him as a running QB.

The guys I am talking about at this juncture are the read option type guys like Tebow, Griffin, Locker, Vick etc who are more likely to pull the ball down and try to make a play with their feet rather than their arm. Rodgers moves around but it is with the intent of buying time for a WR to get open and he will only run if he sees a pretty decent opening but it is certainly his last choice. When they are moving in the pocket they are granted some protections that they lose when they pull the ball down ans run. That is what I was referring to.

vikings62 is offline Waterboy
    I think should gave Matt Cassel more of a chance than stupid Ponder he's the one who needs to go with the rest of the coaching staff!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast