Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The QB from LSU

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I hate to say it, but I think we need to go after a proven vet like Rivers at this point and make a run at a bowl before AD is wore out. Grooming another project is just going to waste the rest of AD's career, especially at the tortoise like pace we move while failing to groom these pet projects of ours. I'd take Freeman over Ponder, but I don't think he's going to lead us to a bowl either.
    I agree. Get the Veteran to win now. Draft a rookie and let him learn for a year or two before starting.

Ponder is likely to be on the roster for another year, as his contract is fully guaranteed.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Better get someone that likes to play in the cold and snow for the next two years.
    Finally somebody gets it. Forget free agency people.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Another guy that's been playing well who's rising up my draft board:

Kevin Hogan: Kevin Hogan Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - Stanford Cardinal - ESPN

He doesn't play in a gimmicky read option like Oregon and can really thread the needle like he did against UCLA last Saturday. Plus we could probably get him in the second round and take BPA with our likely top 5 first round pick.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'm not impressed with any of the QBs in the upcoming draft. Bridgewater seems to be the headliner but even he is suspect. McCarren? Get real. He's the ultimate game manager QB carried by great talent around him. Nothing special there. Maybe the kid from Oregon but after that it goes downhill fast. Manzeil is not a pro type qb. There's no Luck type talent out there, at least not right now. Besides, we won't get the first or second pick anyway- Jax and TB are fighting hard for the bottom. As was said, even if we do get a good qb in the draft, by the time he's up to speed Peterson will be eyeing the rocking chair. Freeman is the wild card. If he can step up, we can use picks elsewhere and be up to speed beginning next season. If he flunks out, we have to start from scratch with a qb in the draft. A KC-like turnarpound is possible, but not with a lousy qb and a lost coaching staff. Get a qb and get rid of the coaching staff and we might have a shot to be in the mix.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I'm not impressed with any of the QBs in the upcoming draft. Bridgewater seems to be the headliner but even he is suspect. McCarren? Get real. He's the ultimate game manager QB carried by great talent around him. Nothing special there. Maybe the kid from Oregon but after that it goes downhill fast. Manzeil is not a pro type qb. There's no Luck type talent out there, at least not right now. Besides, we won't get the first or second pick anyway- Jax and TB are fighting hard for the bottom. As was said, even if we do get a good qb in the draft, by the time he's up to speed Peterson will be eyeing the rocking chair. Freeman is the wild card. If he can step up, we can use picks elsewhere and be up to speed beginning next season. If he flunks out, we have to start from scratch with a qb in the draft. A KC-like turnarpound is possible, but not with a lousy qb and a lost coaching staff. Get a qb and get rid of the coaching staff and we might have a shot to be in the mix.
    There's still a chance we will be drafting before Jacksonville or Tampa Bay...

Honestly, I like Johnny Manziel. I realize that's cliche at this point, but that kid just has moxie and arrogance. He has some growing up to do, but I sorta like that in my QB.

First and foremost though, we need a new coaching staff.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I will be furious (and I'm sure the Vikings will care) if they draft Manziel. Moxie and arrogance can't make up for his 6 foot stature, suspect arm/mechanics, and immaturity. Remember, this kid has to be the face of the franchise. I could be wrong, but he has bust written all over him. These read/option qbs are going to get pummelled to the ground. Wilson is succeeding because he can throw from the pocket. Griffin better be able to throw from the pocket or he's done. Vic can't stay on the field. Newton is doing ok because he's a stud- and can throw from the pocket.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    It seems to me getting a decent QB for the Viqueens is as difficult as getting a good pitcher for the Twinkies. They both are mission impossible.
    Last edited by rednorsk; 10-24-2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    None

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Mannion in Oregon State looks better and better, and he will probably not cost a 1st round pick. Well, unless he manages to beat Stanford this Saturday then the Ducks later on...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I will be furious (and I'm sure the Vikings will care) if they draft Manziel. Moxie and arrogance can't make up for his 6 foot stature, suspect arm/mechanics, and immaturity. Remember, this kid has to be the face of the franchise. I could be wrong, but he has bust written all over him. These read/option qbs are going to get pummelled to the ground. Wilson is succeeding because he can throw from the pocket. Griffin better be able to throw from the pocket or he's done. Vic can't stay on the field. Newton is doing ok because he's a stud- and can throw from the pocket.
    I disagree. The college game is changing the pro game. There are becoming less and less drop back, pocket passers and more of the mobile QB's. Each year we see more teams running some type of pistol, read-option, etc. of an offense in college. As the years go by, more kids coming to the league will be mobile. I like the kid from Oregon.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast