Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    I say we start Cassel for the rest of the season, and move up to draft A.J. McCarron next year.
    If we start Ponder the rest of the season we wouldn't have to move up to draft McCarron. We might even be able to trade down & still get him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Young QBs are winning in this league so getting a proven vet isn't a must, besides most of them are system guys anyways..
    If Teddy is in reach I think you pull the trigger and move up to get him. Not sure how much I give up since 1/4 of defense will probably need replaced. Replacing BM is a must also

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    There are Few options coming up.

1) Cassel. Unless we get an RGIII/Luck/Matt Ryan type of rookie, I don't want a rookie starting.Give the kid a chance and let him learn. Hopefully Cassel can manage the game and throw 3 yard passes.

2) trade: three guys look intriguing to me. Nick Foles, Matt Barkley, Kirk Cousins. Foles would definitely be my first option.

3) this QB class is pretty deep this year. Teddy Bridgewater, tajh Boyd, Johnny Football, Murray, AJ McCarron.
    I think Tajh Boyd could be a very good QB draft choice for us in 2014. He's really looks like a good QB to me. Whatever the case, we need to make the choice to eradicate the reach QB problem going forward. No more reaches, please!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Philip Rivers

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I hate to say it, but I think we need to go after a proven vet like Rivers at this point and make a run at a bowl before AD is wore out. Grooming another project is just going to waste the rest of AD's career, especially at the tortoise like pace we move while failing to groom these pet projects of ours. I'd take Freeman over Ponder, but I don't think he's going to lead us to a bowl either.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'm not confident that a rookie can step in and play well with how bad our coaching staff is, so I'd prefer a vet who can call his own plays.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    I'm not confident that a rookie can step in and play well with how bad our coaching staff is, so I'd prefer a vet who can call his own plays.
    You are going to have to put a name to the vet you are talking about that we would have a chance to get in either free agency or a trade. I cannot think of even one vet that fits your description that is attainable for the Viks. Who al I missing?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Mbt!

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Josh Freeman could also be a trade option. He doesn't like the coaching staff in Tampa. Not to say the grass is greener here, but still.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Better get someone that likes to play in the cold and snow for the next two years.

WWBGD

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast