Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dibbzz is offline Starter

Quarterback Options for 2014

Instead of having everyone's two cents spread out in several threads for quarterback options next year I figured I'd start a thread specifically for this topic. So here it is PPO for your speculation pleasure: Who should the Minnesota Vikings draft/sign/trade for next year for the starting quarterback position assuming Ponder's quality of play doesn't improve? Who do you feel could be the guy to lead the Purple to the promised land and have Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady/Peyton Manning-type success. Post your opinions here.

Personally I think if Ponder doesn't turn a 180 and have a Joe Flacco type year where he shocks the world and take us to the Super Bowl, we should trade up and draft Johnny Football from Texas A&M. Minus the off-the-field autograph allegations he's proven he can be a winner on the field and is a dual-threat quarterback. Plus he has the confidence and swagger fans like us love in a quarterback, albeit sometimes he seems a bit full of himself. But to be fair what starting quarterbacks aren't full of themselves anyway? Plus I think he's proven he can beat elite talent unlike Teddy Bridegwater thus far.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quarterback Options for 2014

I want to see want Cassel can do

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I want to see want Cassel can do
    He's been in the league for nine years. Don't we already know what he can do?

The ideal scenario would be that Cutler becomes a free agent, but the chances of that happening are almost none. Last offseason I said we should have gone for Palmer or Smith.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    If Johnny football signs more autographs or drinks a few more beers in college, he should fall to us at the number 6th spot.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ranger is offline Coach
    I think Johnny Football is going to be a terrible NFL quarterback.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I think Johnny Football is going to be a terrible NFL quarterback.
    That just means chances are good that our FO will target him then.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That just means chances are good that our FO will target him then.
    Probably.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    But to be fair what starting quarterbacks aren't full of themselves anyway?
    Unfortunately for us, TJack nor Ponder seemed all that full of themselves. Both seem to be lacking in the confidence department xD. Ol deer in headlights Jackson and doe-eyed Ponder.

I just hope we don't waste another 1st round pick on a "game manager". Because you can't just grab one of those in a later round or off of someone elses bench.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Unfortunately for us, TJack nor Ponder seemed all that full of themselves. Both seem to be lacking in the confidence department xD. Ol deer in headlights Jackson and doe-eyed Ponder.

I just hope we don't waste another 1st round pick on a "game manager". Because you can't just grab one of those in a later round or off of someone elses bench.
    I guess what I meant to write is that MOST quarterbacks are confident and/or "cocky" save for our current one under center. Although you don't necessarily HAVE to have that personality trait to be a successful NFL quarterback (see Joe Flacco) it definitely gives your fanbase more confidence for your said starting quarterback. And yes Christian does seem to look confused at times and it shows in his quality of play.

Back on topic: Manziel is having a good game so far against the #1 ranked team in the country. Just sayin'...

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    Back on topic: Manziel is having a good game so far against the #1 ranked team in the country. Just sayin'...
    I also think Manziel will not be good in the NFL, however, his downfield accuracy seems better than Ponder's...
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast