Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dieter is offline Training Camp

Quarterback issue

Two major things going against Favre I think are his age, (hard to argue that he hasn't stayed around one year too long) and his character. The waiting game speaks for itself

I'd feel so much better going into the season if Drew Brees was wearing purple.
    http://www.okanagansun.ca
    https://twitter.com/Okanagan_Sun

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Quarterback issue

what kind of thread is this?

lmao
    El underdog.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Dieter wrote:
    Two major things going against Favre I think are his age, (hard to argue that he hasn't stayed around one year too long) and his character. The waiting game speaks for itself

Two things wrong with that scenario.

One- Favre's age has nothing to do with injuries. TJ is much younger and has missed more games due to injury than Favre. His character? You are the only one who has questioned his character, the waiting game means nothing but he is very concerned about not letting his team down. He was not certain he could come back and perform at his high level. I give him high marks for making sure he was healthy enough to play at a high level.

2- you are under the assumption that we could have Brees under center. Yeah it would be nice to have brees not because he is better than Favre but he is younger than Favre and we would have him for a longer time

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Dieter is offline Training Camp

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Dieter wrote:

One- Favre's age has nothing to do with injuries. TJ is much younger and has missed more games due to injury than Favre. His character? You are the only one who has questioned his character, the waiting game means nothing but he is very concerned about not letting his team down. He was not certain he could come back and perform at his high level. I give him high marks for making sure he was healthy enough to play at a high level.

2- you are under the assumption that we could have Brees under center. Yeah it would be nice to have brees not because he is better than Favre but he is younger than Favre and we would have him for a longer time
    Age has everything to do with diminishing skills. We saw no sign of thast last year but we all know how that ugly issue rears its ugly head from one season to the next
    http://www.okanagansun.ca
    https://twitter.com/Okanagan_Sun

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

What does character have to do with skill? NOTHING.

How did that age thing work out last year? I heard the same shit. Oh yeah he had his best season.

Anything else?

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Dieter wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Dieter wrote:

Age has everything to do with diminishing skills. We saw no sign of thast last year but we all know how that ugly issue rears its ugly head from one season to the next
    Favre still plays like he's 25, mostly by how he approaches the game. He excites and focuses everyone on the team, offense, defense, ST's with his CHARACTER! His enthusiasm is contagious, that's why they wanted him back so bad. He brings more than his physical being to the game. Not much different than Brees does to the Saints.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Dieter wrote:
    Seriously, I know why I agree, what suprises me is that some of you don't agree with that statement.

Cons.....
    Noodle has one more year.
    Noodle has a ankle issue that ain't going away.
    Noodle is an EXPUKER.....(Had to slip that one in there, sorry)

Pro's
    Wait, I'm thinking......
    Gimme a minute..........
    He can read a defense.....Nope, so can Brees. Sorry
    He has a quick release....Nope, so does Brees. Sorry
    He spreads the ball around....Nope so does Brees. Sorry

For the life of me, I can't figure out one reason why I would want the Noodle (at this point in his career) over Brees.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gagarr wrote:
    Not much different than Brees does to the Saints.
    Truth of the matter is, there is no difference between what one brings over the other, except maybe one is a bit more mobile than the other. One has alot left with respect to his career.

Does the Noodle hold more records? Sure, but what the hell does that have to do with it. Those stats are in the past.

Again, I know why I would want one over the other, mostly my dislike of one but honestly, I can't believe anyone wouldn't trade even up right now.

Clearly Brees is the better QB, right now. Isn't that the excuse we hear out of the Noodle crowd when it comes to TJ? Who gives us the best chance to win. I would say its Brees.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I don't like to admit it, but let's be honest! Drew Brees is better than Brett Favre. I love Favre and I'm super happy that he decided to play another season.
    Favre is great, but Brees is better.

In few words: Drew Brees doesn't have a stronger arm than Favre, but he's more accurate and reliable.

HEY wrote:
    I don't like to admit it, but let's be honest! Drew Brees is better than Brett Favre. I love Favre and I'm super happy that he decided to play another season.
    Favre is great, but Brees is better.

In few words: Drew Brees doesn't have a stronger arm than Favre, but he's more accurate and reliable.
    Adequately articulated my friend. Because of this wisdome, I have officially removed you from that spreadsheet.

You know, the one we don't like to talk about.......snicker.......... :laugh:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast