Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Dieter's Avatar
    Dieter is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    33

    Quarterback issue

    Two major things going against Favre I think are his age, (hard to argue that he hasn't stayed around one year too long) and his character. The waiting game speaks for itself

    I'd feel so much better going into the season if Drew Brees was wearing purple.
    http://www.okanagansun.ca
    https://twitter.com/Okanagan_Sun

  2. #2
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Quarterback issue

    what kind of thread is this?

    lmao
    El underdog.

  3. #3
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200

    Re: Quarterback issue

    Dieter wrote:
    Two major things going against Favre I think are his age, (hard to argue that he hasn't stayed around one year too long) and his character. The waiting game speaks for itself

    I'd feel so much better going into the season if Drew Brees was wearing purple.
    Two things wrong with that scenario.

    One- Favre's age has nothing to do with injuries. TJ is much younger and has missed more games due to injury than Favre. His character? You are the only one who has questioned his character, the waiting game means nothing but he is very concerned about not letting his team down. He was not certain he could come back and perform at his high level. I give him high marks for making sure he was healthy enough to play at a high level.

    2- you are under the assumption that we could have Brees under center. Yeah it would be nice to have brees not because he is better than Favre but he is younger than Favre and we would have him for a longer time

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Dieter's Avatar
    Dieter is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    33

    Re: Quarterback issue

    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Dieter wrote:
    Two major things going against Favre I think are his age, (hard to argue that he hasn't stayed around one year too long) and his character. The waiting game speaks for itself

    I'd feel so much better going into the season if Drew Brees was wearing purple.
    Two things wrong with that scenario.

    One- Favre's age has nothing to do with injuries. TJ is much younger and has missed more games due to injury than Favre. His character? You are the only one who has questioned his character, the waiting game means nothing but he is very concerned about not letting his team down. He was not certain he could come back and perform at his high level. I give him high marks for making sure he was healthy enough to play at a high level.

    2- you are under the assumption that we could have Brees under center. Yeah it would be nice to have brees not because he is better than Favre but he is younger than Favre and we would have him for a longer time
    Age has everything to do with diminishing skills. We saw no sign of thast last year but we all know how that ugly issue rears its ugly head from one season to the next
    http://www.okanagansun.ca
    https://twitter.com/Okanagan_Sun

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Quarterback issue

    What does character have to do with skill? NOTHING.

    How did that age thing work out last year? I heard the same shit. Oh yeah he had his best season.

    Anything else?

  6. #6
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Quarterback issue

    Dieter wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Dieter wrote:
    Two major things going against Favre I think are his age, (hard to argue that he hasn't stayed around one year too long) and his character. The waiting game speaks for itself

    I'd feel so much better going into the season if Drew Brees was wearing purple.
    Two things wrong with that scenario.

    One- Favre's age has nothing to do with injuries. TJ is much younger and has missed more games due to injury than Favre. His character? You are the only one who has questioned his character, the waiting game means nothing but he is very concerned about not letting his team down. He was not certain he could come back and perform at his high level. I give him high marks for making sure he was healthy enough to play at a high level.

    2- you are under the assumption that we could have Brees under center. Yeah it would be nice to have brees not because he is better than Favre but he is younger than Favre and we would have him for a longer time
    Age has everything to do with diminishing skills. We saw no sign of thast last year but we all know how that ugly issue rears its ugly head from one season to the next
    Favre still plays like he's 25, mostly by how he approaches the game. He excites and focuses everyone on the team, offense, defense, ST's with his CHARACTER! His enthusiasm is contagious, that's why they wanted him back so bad. He brings more than his physical being to the game. Not much different than Brees does to the Saints.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Quarterback issue

    Dieter wrote:
    I'd feel so much better going into the season if Drew Brees was wearing purple.
    Seriously, I know why I agree, what suprises me is that some of you don't agree with that statement.

    Cons.....
    Noodle has one more year.
    Noodle has a ankle issue that ain't going away.
    Noodle is an EXPUKER.....(Had to slip that one in there, sorry)

    Pro's
    Wait, I'm thinking......
    Gimme a minute..........
    He can read a defense.....Nope, so can Brees. Sorry
    He has a quick release....Nope, so does Brees. Sorry
    He spreads the ball around....Nope so does Brees. Sorry

    For the life of me, I can't figure out one reason why I would want the Noodle (at this point in his career) over Brees.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Quarterback issue

    gagarr wrote:
    Not much different than Brees does to the Saints.
    Truth of the matter is, there is no difference between what one brings over the other, except maybe one is a bit more mobile than the other. One has alot left with respect to his career.

    Does the Noodle hold more records? Sure, but what the hell does that have to do with it. Those stats are in the past.

    Again, I know why I would want one over the other, mostly my dislike of one but honestly, I can't believe anyone wouldn't trade even up right now.

    Clearly Brees is the better QB, right now. Isn't that the excuse we hear out of the Noodle crowd when it comes to TJ? Who gives us the best chance to win. I would say its Brees.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Quarterback issue

    I don't like to admit it, but let's be honest! Drew Brees is better than Brett Favre. I love Favre and I'm super happy that he decided to play another season.
    Favre is great, but Brees is better.

    In few words: Drew Brees doesn't have a stronger arm than Favre, but he's more accurate and reliable.

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Quarterback issue

    HEY wrote:
    I don't like to admit it, but let's be honest! Drew Brees is better than Brett Favre. I love Favre and I'm super happy that he decided to play another season.
    Favre is great, but Brees is better.

    In few words: Drew Brees doesn't have a stronger arm than Favre, but he's more accurate and reliable.
    Adequately articulated my friend. Because of this wisdome, I have officially removed you from that spreadsheet.

    You know, the one we don't like to talk about.......snicker.......... :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Beserker Yell Tab Issue
    By Marrdro in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 10:10 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 10:43 AM
  3. US Elections and Stadium issue
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 08:41 AM
  4. Serious Viking issue here, everybody please read!
    By Top_Speed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 11:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •