Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Quarterback Execution!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Our QBs seem to like the comeback routes and the sit downs in the open spots on the field.
    It doesn't seem like they are hitting the WRs running the slants or routes through the coverage.
    Am I right or wrong on that?
    That's true. One thing that I would also like to see is a QB put a ball with touch out in front of a WR (or TE) that has beaten his man. In a spot where only the receiver can get to it.

If they aren't able to find that touch, you can wave goodbye to the explosive pass plays. (Except for when a talent like AP literally beats guys after the catch on screen plays).

I think this (the lack of touch) might also be why we haven't seen the deep middle pass to the TE on the seam route yet.
    True!

I remember the article about how Chilly was a super disciplinarian last year, and this year he is friendly.
    I wonder if he is trying to do the same kind of technique on TJ, over emphasizing the "do not throw the INT" and "only throw it where the WR can get it and not the defender" philosophies.
    If he is, I hope he let's the reigns up a bit towards the end of the season.

I can hardly remember which year it was since we had a WR that got any YAC in the regular season, maybe 2004.
    LOL!
    Throw the ball to Sidney Rice!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Our QBs seem to like the comeback routes and the sit downs in the open spots on the field.
    It doesn't seem like they are hitting the WRs running the slants or routes through the coverage.
    Am I right or wrong on that?
    That's true. One thing that I would also like to see is a QB put a ball with touch out in front of a WR (or TE) that has beaten his man. In a spot where only the receiver can get to it.

If they aren't able to find that touch, you can wave goodbye to the explosive pass plays. (Except for when a talent like AP literally beats guys after the catch on screen plays).

I think this (the lack of touch) might also be why we haven't seen the deep middle pass to the TE on the seam route yet.
    True!

I remember the article about how Chilly was a super disciplinarian last year, and this year he is friendly.
    I wonder if he is trying to do the same kind of technique on TJ, over emphasizing the "do not throw the INT" and "only throw it where the WR can get it and not the defender" philosophies.
    If he is, I hope he let's the reigns up a bit towards the end of the season.

I can hardly remember which year it was since we had a WR that got any YAC in the regular season, maybe 2004.
    LOL!
    Throw the ball to Sidney Rice!!!!
    I actually agree. I would like to see him get a chance to compete for the ball in situations where he is one-on-one with a CB. Especially in the redzone.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Rice is due for a big game.
    Like I said in another thread, I am confident the passing attack has its best game so far against the Packers...not saying much, I know.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Like I said in another thread, I am confident the passing attack has its best game so far against the Packers...not saying much, I know.
    I agree but alas my friend an adjustment would have to be made and we know that aint gonna happen.

Key Note:
    Adjustment would be to sit Fergie ass.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What I haven't seen from either of these QB's that is necessary for this thing to work is the ability to slide around in the pocket just enough to buy some time for the WR's to get open. That is the reason that I jumped on the Thigpen bandwagon when I saw him play this season. I know it was just against scrubs, but he had the peripheral vision to both look down the field and also watch his blind side to prevent getting sacked. And when the pressure came he just sidestepped and bought the time it took for a play to develop.

TJ seems to like to hang in the pocket too long,and by the time he senses that he is in danger it is too late and he loses the focus down field. That being said he has better mobility that Holcolm, who has shown no ability to help the team by moving around to avoid the rush. You don't have to have blinding speed, just a good sense of where the pressure is coming to and the instinct to know where you can move to so that your linemen can deflect the defender away from you and not directly into you.

On Sunday if you watch Farve, he is one of the best at doing just that. Buying time to let the play develop and putting himself in a position to where the linemen can move the drfenders away from him.

In his first preseason game Holcolm was hitting the receivers in stride and it looked like he would be able to put the ball in a place where the wideouts could make some extra yards after the catch, but he was much more tentative Sunday and his lack of motion left him a sitting duck and it made the line's play look worse.

I think the QB coach needs to do alot more work on the footwork of his players to make them better at this.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I agree but alas my friend an adjustment would have to be made and we know that aint gonna happen.

Key Note:
    Adjustment would be to sit Fergie jiggly butt.
    ;D
    I was kind of hoping that the former Packers would all step up this weekend, Sharper, Longwell, and Ferguson.....

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:

Key Note:

;D
    I was kind of hoping that the former Packers would all step up this weekend, Sharper, Longwell, and Ferguson.....
    I hope so to.
    I just can't get over that pass last week.
    I am now a hater I guess.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:

Key Note:
    ;D
    I hope so to.
    ;D
    I was hating KH for that.
    That was nerves at its best for KH.
    So wide open and he missed hitting him.
    I didn't get to see that play close up or any replays.
    I am over the hate now....

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:

Key Note:

;D
    I hope so to.

;D
    I was hating KH for that.
    That was nerves at its best for KH.
    So wide open and he missed hitting him.
    I didn't get to see that play close up or any replays.
    I am over the hate now....
    I see it the other way, I think Fergyyyy made a bad read and adjustment on the ball.
    It sure looked like we was running a bit to slow and then tried to speed over the last 10 yards or so.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I am against the idea executing our quarterbacks.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast