Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Re: Quarterback Execution!

The problem with any QB in the Vikings helm is wideout. Understand that during the offseason the Vikings went and picked up Bobby Wade...not to knock the guy, but we went and picked up Bobby Wade. This was the frontend's idea of improving our wide receiver corps. Nuff said. Secondly, if you want to take this into consideration...Tony Romo is a free agent after this year. I expect if the Cowboys don't hammer out a deal with him very shortly...he might test the market. This could be a good sign for the Vikes. As for this year, expect a dismal year until we figure out that the West Coast Offense is passe and we need to be using our run threat as a decoy so we can go downfield.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Fire Childress. He sucks and can't make adjustments.
    :

Seriously though, two very nice posts SIA.
    Thanks.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The execution of our quarterbacks?
    I'm in favor of it right now!
    Heh heh heh!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    :

Thanks.
    ;D
    I still think the QBs are the ones limiting Chilly.
    Until they grow, what is he suppose to do for adjustments.
    He is handcuffed.
    TJ can't hit anyone deep = wasted down, might as well lull them to sleep with the run.
    I honestly don't remember Holcomb doing much downfield.
    So, run run run run run is the option?? ?? ?? ??

If the QBs don't do their job, it is all pointless.

"ballhog27" wrote:
    The problem with any QB in the Vikings helm is wideout. Understand that during the offseason the Vikings went and picked up Bobby Wade...not to knock the guy, but we went and picked up Bobby Wade. This was the frontend's idea of improving our wide receiver corps. Nuff said. Secondly, if you want to take this into consideration...Tony Romo is a free agent after this year. I expect if the Cowboys don't hammer out a deal with him very shortly...he might test the market. This could be a good sign for the Vikes. As for this year, expect a dismal year until we figure out that the West Coast Offense is passe and we need to be using our run threat as a decoy so we can go downfield.
    If we had one of the top QBs in the league, we wouldn't be having the WR discussion other than how well they were playing.
    JMHO!

McNabb
    Palmer
    Brady
    Favre (yes him)
    Manning
    and a few others.....

There was a post on PPO earlier today about the WCO from wikipedia.
    It said that the QB has to know where the ball is going and anticipate the WR being there. I don't think this is true only of the WCO, I think it helps in any offense to know where the play is going to happen in a certain D coverage.
    Getting the ball early to the WR hasn't happened yet this season on a consistant basis.
    TJ was throwig behind WRs and late in the Det game.
    This cause deflections and INTs.

Our QBs seem to like the comeback routes and the sit downs in the open spots on the field.
    It doesn't seem like they are hitting the WRs running the slants or routes through the coverage.
    Am I right or wrong on that?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ballhog27" wrote:
    Romo tha Homo ain't goin' anywhere...even Jerry Jones isn't stoopid enough to let him go if he has a good season.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Our QBs seem to like the comeback routes and the sit downs in the open spots on the field.
    It doesn't seem like they are hitting the WRs running the slants or routes through the coverage.
    That's true. One thing that I would also like to see is a QB put a ball with touch out in front of a WR (or TE) that has beaten his man. In a spot where only the receiver can get to it.

If they aren't able to find that touch, you can wave goodbye to the explosive pass plays. (Except for when a talent like AP literally beats guys after the catch on screen plays).

I think this (the lack of touch) might also be why we haven't seen the deep middle pass to the TE on the seam route yet.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Thanks.

;D
    I still think the QBs are the ones limiting Chilly.
    Until they grow, what is he suppose to do for adjustments.
    He is handcuffed.
    TJ can't hit anyone deep = wasted down, might as well lull them to sleep with the run.
    I honestly don't remember Holcomb doing much downfield.
    So, run run run run run is the option?? ?? ?? ??

If the QBs don't do their job, it is all pointless.
    Thanks Sno.
    You know that I agree with you.
    Its just easier to do the same as everyone esle on here does who doesn't have a clue.

"Fire Childress".
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"cogitans" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    That's true. One thing that I would also like to see is a QB put a ball with touch out in front of a WR (or TE) that has beaten his man. In a spot where only the receiver can get to it.

If they aren't able to find that touch, you can wave goodbye to the explosive pass plays. (Except for when a talent like AP literally beats guys after the catch on screen plays).

I think this (the lack of touch) might also be why we haven't seen the deep middle pass to the TE on the seam route yet.
    True!

I remember the article about how Chilly was a super disciplinarian last year, and this year he is friendly.
    I wonder if he is trying to do the same kind of technique on TJ, over emphasizing the "do not throw the INT" and "only throw it where the WR can get it and not the defender" philosophies.
    If he is, I hope he let's the reigns up a bit towards the end of the season.

I can hardly remember which year it was since we had a WR that got any YAC in the regular season, maybe 2004.
    LOL!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast