Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Qstn. about our running backs

I think RandyMoss8404 hopes the team loses so he can comeback and give us his... "I told you so, we shouldnt have traded moss" IMO :bs:

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

Good point about the O-line. Hard to run without blocking. We have a lot of talent in the RB stable, it just seems like most RBs need a few carries to get themselves in the groove before they start producing. IMO commitment to the run and a feature back (whoever it may be)would be a solid plan.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

I am not certain that MeMo has the durability to be an everydown back. He isnt the biggest guy and a full year of pounding in the NFL is something I dont think he would be able to handle.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Everyone makes good points. We have good talent in the backfield but the problem is all of our backs are as good as the other. We need a feature back that knows he has the job. Not that I agree but right now Bennett is that back. I hope and pray he proves me wrong but I don't think he's a great back. maybe with the help he will have this year on the line and Jimmy K healthy things will be different. The main thing with Bennett is if he can get by the front line he has speed. His problem is hitting the holes. Think about this. Sure the o-line was hurt last year but when Moe, Onterrio, and Woore filled in they did fine. Our running was decent until Bennett came back. I'm not trying to put him down but if the excuse of he played hurt is used then he shouldn't be playing in the first place.

I hope Bennett makes me eat my words but until he does I still have the same opinion of him. This is put up or shut up for him too. With Jimmy K helping and the o-line healthy there is no excuse. I don't blame the guy for his injuries. They happen. It's when he plays I see the problems of not hitting the holes.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i heard that MeMo was working out hard this year and bulking up.

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

"magicci" wrote:

As has Bennett, he's put on 10-15 in muscle, and it hasn't slowed him down. I want to see Bennett have a breakout year, but then again, once he gets injured...again. We could resign him as a "situational player" for much less then if he has a pro bowl year.
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

"2fat4uVike" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

As has Bennett, he's put on 10-15 in muscle, and it hasn't slowed him down. I want to see Bennett have a breakout year, but then again, once he gets injured...again. We could resign him as a "situational player" for much less then if he has a pro bowl year.
    apperantly he's still the 5th fastest person in the world with all that muscle, i would still take that.

as far as the running game :

bennett : great speed , seems to be off and on , too many injuries (have to wait and see what happens) , has rushed for over 1,000 yrds , hopefully his past injuries don't make him a timid runner as he appeared last year

smith: probably won't be resigned , skills are there , but makes bad off the field decisions , i think would have been the feature back or the most qualified

memo : had a great 3 game stint , runs hard and breaks more tackles then a little guy should , needs to spend more time learning the pass blocking scheme , nagging injury made tice mad . barring injuries and learns how to pick up the blitz , the sky could be the limit.

fason : always hard to make judgements on rookies , may need a season to bulk up to nfl size , learn the play book and get used to nfl game speed and complex blitz packages

mo will : getting up there in years , still solid as a rock , better pass reciever then runner , definatly not a work horse , great leader/teacher

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

"2fat4uVike" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

lol did you change what you wrote?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12