Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    If the good QB's are gone and we ended up with Justin Gilbert in the first round, I'd be thrilled. With Gilbert, Rhodes and Harrison, Zimmer would have a nice foundation to build a defense around.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    If we don't get a Bridgewater, Manziel, or Bortles, then I think they will look at either Carr or McCarron. I like the look of Carr, but how can anyone not be hesitant with how his brother turned out?

If we get anyone other than the top 3, then I hope Cassel comes back and whoever we draft can sit and learn behind Cassel and Turner for a season. It should be interesting, I am finally excited for this team again. A new HC, and new staff, playing outdoors for a couple seasons before they move into their new stadium. Good times.

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    And remember as fans we need to be patient. Defense will most likely drop the Tampa 2 & move towards a more aggressive physical man/zone defense & the offense will go through a complete make-over highlighting TE Rudolph & WR Patterson & besides running the ball look for AP to be more involved in the passing game. Gonna be a learing curve but by mid-season I don't think anybody will want to play the Vikings. Plus you throw in December outdoors in Minnesota....Brings back the days of Bloomington.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

which QB u want to see in 2014

Tha vikings should use that first round pick on Justin Gilbert and try and sign free agents like Brent Grimes, Alterraun Verner, Taylor Mays, Brian Orakpo, Karlos Dansby, and Michael Johnson any of these player would boost our defense under Zimmer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I may be in the minority but to me the only thing separating the top 3 QB's in the draft from the next 4-5 is the amount of hype they are getting which is something the networks have to build into each draft to keep the interest of the average Rube.

Manziel is a wild card and he might be fantastic or he may absolutely fail in the NFL. On one hand he has the command of the team, the leadership and the "I am going to try this and I don't give a shit whether you think I should or not" in him which I find absolutely fantastic but then again as I watch him play, when he breaks out of the pocket and runs with that ball out there like a loaf of bread I try to picture how that would work in the NFL where everyone is faster and wonder how many times he will get stripped of the ball or lit up by a defender.

Bridgewater- He is a hard one to nail down. He is efficient and accurate but doesn't face elite talent to challenge him. I like his mechanics and his command of the huddle but I have to wonder, if he were to be in the last 5 draft classes is there any chance he would have been the number one QB in any of those classes? I look at guys like Luck, RG3, Newton,Bradford and Stafford I just don't see him on the same level as those guys were to be honest and if you then look at the runner up QB's like Gabbert, Locker,Clausen, Sanchez and Freeman, none of those guys are doing very well in the league right now and that scares the living shit out of me at the top of the draft.

Then you look at supposed lower rated guys like Wilson, CK, Dalton,Foles and guys like that I am tending to want the staff to pass on taking a guy like Bortles that high and waiting until the second and grabbing a guy like Mettenberger and then maybe on of the other QB's later that fall down the board like Murray or McCarron to have 2 guys battling it out. Then keeping Cassel to be the starter until someone steps up and beats him fair and square to take the position.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Then you look at supposed lower rated guys like Wilson, CK, Dalton,Foles and guys like that I am tending to want the staff to pass on taking a guy like Bortles that high and waiting until the second and grabbing a guy like Mettenberger and then maybe on of the other QB's later that fall down the board like Murray or McCarron to have 2 guys battling it out. Then keeping Cassel to be the starter until someone steps up and beats him fair and square to take the position.
    That is pretty much what I'm thinking...I kind of like Bortles' potential, but he might be gone before our pick too, and I like the idea of snagging two potential QBs to develop, one earlier and one in the mid to later rounds. Hopefully, at least one turns out to be worth something!?

And, we could likely land a super star of some sort to help our defense out significantly with pick no.8 on top of that. Barr and Mack seem to be better suited as pass rushers, but Mosley has some instinct vs. the passing game that I'd really like to see us add to our LB starters. Or, a bad ass DT to make the rest of the DL better would be nice too. I'm not sure if there are any CBs worthy of the 8th pick, but we sure need some help there too. Maybe, we could even move back a few and still get one of the best DTs or CBs...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Matt Schaub. I think the Texans will draft a QB with the first pick and release Schaub(his contract makes a trade unlikely). Outside of last year, when the entire team collapsed, he has been very consistant, 5 straight years with a QB rating over 90.
    The pick six burger does sound like it would be delicious, but not so much that I would want Minnesota restaurants to start putting it on their menus. But with our current QB situation, and Norv in charge of the offense, this could be something we could look at ONLY if the Texans release him. But he did throw away some wins with those pick 6s.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Nice post. I feel that way as well. Two years ago the Vikings didn't have a QB or a receiver corps. This year they rarely had a good QB ; but when they did, they had a pretty darn good receiving corps.
    Agreed

Cassell under Turner = Cassell under Belichick ?????????
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

I keep seeing all this Carr talk. I really hope not. He's another Ponder IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234