Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Manziel. End of story. We'd have to trade-up to get him, but that's fine with me.

Blake Bortles would be my second choice.

If we can't get either of these guys, I'd like to see us trade for Kirk Cousins or Ryan Mallet (which neither will happen).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    From the Bleacher Report:

Cleveland Browns would be smart to trade up for Doug Flutie, er, ... Johnny Manziel

Would this apply to the Vikings as well?

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    From the Bleacher Report:

Cleveland Browns would be smart to trade up for Doug Flutie, er, ... Johnny Manziel

Would this apply to the Vikings as well?
    No because the Vikings have too many holes to fill, they would be stupid to do it

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Remember guys, the Vikings have a lot of money coming off the books this year so they can address needs in free agency as well. You can't expect to get every player we need in the draft and still have a competitive team. There are plenty of young free agents that will fill needs for us, and the Bengals have several on defense that I am sure Zimmer can talk into coming here.

The Vikings absolutely need a QB in this draft. If Bridgewater, Manziel, or Bortles falls to them in the first round, then they need to take him. If not, take BPA and draft a QB in round two. Hopefully then Cassel will decide to stay knowing that he will be the starter unless he gets injured and let the rookie learn behind Cassel and Turner for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    No because the Vikings have too many holes to fill, they would be stupid to do it
    Insinuating that the Vikings have more holes than the Browns? Agree to disagree...

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Insinuating that the Vikings have more holes than the Browns? Agree to disagree...
    I do not follow the Browns so I do not know

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    I do not follow the Browns so I do not know
    I do, they have more holes than we do at the moment.

They don't have a QB or RB. They need FS and SS, as well as DL help. They DO have one of the best WR's in the league, but that's honestly their only weapon. Vikings at least have Patterson and Jennings (not to mention Jarius Wright, but our coaching staff decided they didn't want to win games).

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Matt Schaub. I think the Texans will draft a QB with the first pick and release Schaub(his contract makes a trade unlikely). Outside of last year, when the entire team collapsed, he has been very consistant, 5 straight years with a QB rating over 90.

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    You know for the first time in like forever I feel confident that if we don't get one of the top 3 QB's with our 8th pick Norv Turner will make sure if there is a diamond in the ruff in the later rounds he will find him. & who knows what kind of QB Matt Cassell could be under Turner. I believe we are entering into a whole new era for Vikings football! Our new coaching staff is like something we always wished for but never seemed to get....until now. Skol!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I do, they have more holes than we do at the moment.

They don't have a QB or RB. They need FS and SS, as well as DL help. They DO have one of the best WR's in the league, but that's honestly their only weapon. Vikings at least have Patterson and Jennings (not to mention Jarius Wright, but our coaching staff decided they didn't want to win games).
    Wait, don't they have TJ Ward? Unless he's gone, or has suddenly declined, I've never seen him play anything other than nasty ball from the safety position.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast