Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    233
    Blog Entries
    1

    which QB u want to see in 2014

    Tha vikings should let all 3 QB go and sign Josh McCown and use that first pick on defense and use that second round pick on QB and let Norv Turner pick tha starter

  2. #2
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    We are picking 8th in the draft, we will not have many opportunities to get a franchise QB unless Zimmer is an absolute disaster. So if we stay at 8 and Manziel or Bortles fall to us we should snap them up. If there is "the guy" that turner really wants then even move up, we don't have many chances like this.

    If we stand pat we do have some interesting prospects who could fall to us. Barr, who I think is going to blow up the combine and will be gone but he is a possibility right now. Sammy Watkins, if you go BPA, he is a great athlete and a great WR. Even Greg Robinson, I know we have two very good tackles but he is a great talent and we could trade Load. Mosley is a great talent in the middle. There just so many options even at 8, we are going to have to wait until after the combine to get a clearer idea of who will pick whom.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Tha vikings should let all 3 QB go and sign Josh McCown and use that first pick on defense and use that second round pick on QB and let Norv Turner pick tha starter
    I can't see McCown leaving the Bores. They love what he gives them and he is finally in a system that is perfe t for him. I am pretty sure the Bears will offer him a decent contract and he doesn't seem like a player who will be looking to break the bank at this point is his career. I have heard a lot about him this year in Chicago and he just seems to like the situation he is in. Not that he wouldn't want to start but with Cutler that opportunity sems to come along every year
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  4. #4
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I can't see McCown leaving the Bores. They love what he gives them and he is finally in a system that is perfe t for him. I am pretty sure the Bears will offer him a decent contract and he doesn't seem like a player who will be looking to break the bank at this point is his career. I have heard a lot about him this year in Chicago and he just seems to like the situation he is in. Not that he wouldn't want to start but with Cutler that opportunity sems to come along every year
    Agreed.

    Also, keep in mind McCown has been in the NFL for years, and until last year, has never been regarded as a good QB. It took a real QB guru to get him to play well. THere's a reason McCown has never been a relied on franchise QB, and that's because he's just not very good.

  5. #5
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    233
    Blog Entries
    1

    which QB u want to see in 2014

    With the Bears devoting $22.5 million in cap space to Cutler for the coming year, the Bears likely won’t have much in the budget for McCown. Any team that views him as a potential starter would surely outbid the Bears.
    This give tha vikings time to get there rookie QB ready and not throwing him in tha fire

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    With the Bears devoting $22.5 million in cap space to Cutler for the coming year, the Bears likely won’t have much in the budget for McCown. Any team that views him as a potential starter would surely outbid the Bears.
    This give tha vikings time to get there rookie QB ready and not throwing him in tha fire
    Why McCown though? Why get a guy who has never been a good QB until last season? Why get a guy who needs to learn a new scheme? For the price it might take for McCown, we can also keep Cassel, who is not the future, but is competent enough to provide a Veteran presence, or start if needed.

  7. #7
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Why McCown though? Why get a guy who has never been a good QB until last season? For the price it might take for McCown, we can also keep Cassel, who is not the future, but is competent enough to provide a Veteran presence, or start if needed.
    That is logical. Is McCown any better than Cassel? Is Cassel staying?

    Why get a guy who needs to learn a new scheme?
    Any QB who has not played under Norv Turner needs to learn a new scheme.

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    That is logical. Is McCown any better than Cassel? Is Cassel staying?
    Cassel is on a 2-year agreement, that is voidable. It's more likely that Cassel stays than McCown comes. And no, I would not say McCown is better than Cassel.

    McCown has never had a QBR over 80 except for last season. He's thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns except last year, and 2004. He's never been even an above average QB. Not even an above average second stringer. He'll do in a pinch, but we should not be signing him with the expectation he'll be our starter


    Any QB who has not played under Norv Turner needs to learn a new scheme.
    Fair enough...

    but McCown now has to build chemistry with our receivers and OL. Cassel already is there.

  9. #9
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Cassel is wildly inconsistent. One game he looks like an NFL starter then looks like he should never start in the next.
    However, he has the tools to get this team to the playoffs, in what has turned out to be a weak division. Fix the defense and Cassel can get it done.
    Draft a QB to learn behind Cassel and build toward the future.
    I don't see Cassel as the long term answer, but as a bridge to the future I think he can get it done.
    And Perhaps he will become more consistent under Norv Turner, and if he gets to start more than two games in a row.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boise Idaho
    Posts
    1,022
    McClown?....No thanks. I'd rather stick with Cassel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •