Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

QB Situation May Be Changing -- AGAIN! Detmer Out?

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Kevin Seifert is reporting that, "Childress said the Vikings “may end up” making a roster move later today that “perhaps” involves a quarterback. Again, the tea leaves here suggest the Vikings will either release newly-signed Koy Detmer or place Kelly Holcomb on injured reserve.

The latter scenario seems unlikely after Holcomb participated in Friday’s practice and displayed “marked improvement” with his sore neck, according to Childress. That leaves poor Koy, who if released, would be the definition of an emergency quarterback. Again, the guess here would be that if the Vikings released Detmer, it would be because they’re comfortable with Holcomb as the No. 2 quarterback and not because they think Jackson is ready to play.

Again, the bottom line: The Vikings’ quarterback situation is, well, in flux.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: QB Situation May Be Changing -- AGAIN! Detmer Out?

Poor Detmer.

*The NFL fined DT Pat Williams was fined $5,000 for grabbing San Diego QB Phillip Rivers’ facemask during a running play last week. Meanwhile, San Diego CB Marlon McCree was fined $10,000 for his fourth-quarter horsecollar tackle of RB Adrian Peterson.
    Poor Pat.

lol @ McCree, it didnt even look like a horse collar during the game.. it looked like he grabbed the jersey not put his hand inside the pads like the rule says.
    Eitherway it didnt even look like it affected AD during that run

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Poor Detmer.

*The NFL fined DT Pat Williams was fined $5,000 for grabbing San Diego QB Phillip Rivers’ facemask during a running play last week. Meanwhile, San Diego CB Marlon McCree was fined $10,000 for his fourth-quarter horsecollar tackle of RB Adrian Peterson.
    Poor Pat.

lol @ McCree, it didnt even look like a horse collar during the game.. it looked like he grabbed the jersey not put his hand inside the pads like the rule says.
    What?
    That horse-collar tackle pulled him down from behind on his next-to-last carry of the game.
    McCree doesn't make that tackle and it was 300 yards + for AD!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I think your QB situation has come to this..

Kinda like our Running Backs..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Poor Detmer.

Poor Pat.

You might want to look at that one again.
    I watched the game for the first time today when I got home, and McCree clearly had his hands inside the pads, and he clearly held on to pull AD down from behind.
    It doesn't get much more textbook that that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

well i'll have to find a video for it, if they fined him i'm sure it probably was one.. it just didnt look like it when i was at the game, and he was tackled right next to where i was sitting, granted i was standing up and cheering him to take it to the house lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Well this isn't a surprise we got 2 guys banged up, and Bollinger as the starter possibily so it is up in the air on who actually starts. This is really frustrating.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Frostbite is offline Coach

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    Well this isn't a surprise we got 2 guys banged up, and Bollinger as the starter possibily so it is up in the air on who actually starts. This is really frustrating.

I for one am fine with Brooks Bollinger Starting (If He Gets The Chance) on Sunday. In my opinion he's earned it and is playing behind the starting O-line like a guy trying to show that he's better than some folks think he is.

He has played way better than Holcomb hands down....Any real fan should be able to watch the games Bollinger has played in and make the same analysis.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Poor Detmer.

Poor Pat.

What?
    That horse-collar tackle pulled him down from behind on his next-to-last carry of the game.
    McCree doesn't make that tackle and it was 300 yards + for AD!

=Z=
    Good call Z.
    I think AD takes that one to the house if not for the horse-collar.

I gotta say that I agree with that statement. Purely from what has been shown Brooks has been the better of the three QBs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast