Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: QB Hunt, where the Vikings stand!

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080835
    Also.....I've been saying for a long time that Vick is going to get hurt due to his playing style.

Sooner or later, some hard rock safety is going to get a chance to tee off on him......it's just a matter of time.

That means the Eagles need Kolb and Vick is out.

Abandon all hope for help from that direction.

Do we go for a young guy or an experienced guy?

If we knew more about Webb we'd be better equipped to make this decision.
    Kolb is not an option anyway; unless of course we want to trade for him. He signed an extension back in April last year which was the nail in the coffin for McNabb in Philly.

Vick isn't going anywhere either. Reid has serious manlove for Mr. Mexico.

I also like the Orton idea. However he is under contract through 2011 just like Kolb.

p.s. Brady signed a bid extention too, so that FA site lacks deals signed this year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1081067
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080835
    Also.....I've been saying for a long time that Vick is going to get hurt due to his playing style.

Sooner or later, some hard rock safety is going to get a chance to tee off on him......it's just a matter of time.

That means the Eagles need Kolb and Vick is out.

Abandon all hope for help from that direction.

Do we go for a young guy or an experienced guy?

If we knew more about Webb we'd be better equipped to make this decision.
    Kolb is not an option anyway; unless of course we want to trade for him. He signed an extension back in April last year which was the nail in the coffin for McNabb in Philly.

Vick isn't going anywhere either. Reid has serious manlove for Mr. Mexico.

I also like the Orton idea. However he is under contract through 2011 just like Kolb.

p.s. Brady signed a bid extention too, so that FA site lacks deals signed this year.
    Hey, my mock suffered last year cause I didn't have a reliable scout helpin.

You gonna help more this year? If so, I need data on LT's (fit a ZB scheme), a DT that fits the mold of a 0/3 Technique and a QB that can be a good fit for the WCO.

LOL, just kidding. Good to see ya up and posting.

Quick question. Will the Iggles be able to pay both Vick and Kolb or do you see them signing Vick and then working a trade with a team that is willing to take/suck up a contract for the one they decide not to keep?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Vick will get hurt and they will keep Kolb.

We don't want Kolb because he had a concussion and why take a chance that he's one of those guys who are vulnerable to concussions?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

expackerfan is offline Waterboy

Kolb is making starter money this year and his cap number for next year is low so they will keep both. With the lockout coming if you draft a qb he will get no offseason work and will be no help next year.So with no OTAS no minni camps no training camp and maybe a shortened season dont count old#4 out.
    None

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "expackerfan" #1081109
    Kolb is making starter money this year and his cap number for next year is low so they will keep both. With the lockout coming if you draft a qb he will get no offseason work and will be no help next year.So with no OTAS no minni camps no training camp and maybe a shortened season dont count old#4 out.
    No OTA's, minicamps, or training camp?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1081158
    Nope. Without a new CBA in place, none of those will happen. The current deal expires at the end of March, 2011 (I believe it's the end of March, not exactly sure of the date).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081160
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1081158
    Nope. Without a new CBA in place, none of those will happen. The current deal expires at the end of March, 2011 (I believe it's the end of March, not exactly sure of the date).

=Z=
    Sorry, I was wondering how that would effect old#4 who hasn't had of those activities for the most part in the past two years.

Should have laid my sarcasm icon on the post.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011