Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Which QB do you want to see get the start in the playoffs?

what a joke thread...

Of course its Booty

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Jackson showed me alot.. he still needs experience.. but he gives us the best chance.. Gus is pretty bad..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

shortmon is offline Rookie

Tjack will get the start, unless Joe Kapp isn't busy next week.

no question it should be Tjacks he is playing good football right now.....no reason why gus should be in there...

I will keep saying this there are so many times Tjacks should have been sacked but he ran out of the pocket and made a play...

Gus in the same situation would have went down and probably got injured again....I thank you gus for winning all those games

Jackson looked like crap the last two games when he actually faced an opponent and when your in the playoffs the same just getting by crap won't work. He had two wide open guys and makes both of them come near to a complete stop to catch it. He looks scattered. Hangs on to the ball. Had the near game losing interception in the endzone and tops it off with a unnecessary roughness. His last pass on the sideline was just inexcusable along with the management. He wasn't accurate. He looked poor and most of that was against scrubs. Once you know anything about this guy the game plan against this guy is so simple in the playoffs where coaches game plans are at their best Jackson won't stand a chance.
    Especially if we play Jimmy Johnson who if he has any film will tear you to pieces. He has great game plans to shut down Romo and Brady last year and in the end of the year has enough film to destroy. He likes to blitz. Jackson looks like crap when you blitz him. If he can handle Romo I doubt he'll have any trouble with a guy like Jackson. You say Jackson's mobile. He didn't look too mobile today getting sacked. Not evading anyone. Ferrotte at least knows how to step up unlike Jackson. On top of that Jackson said the reason he did poor was because there was so much pressure on him to do well. Well there is no more pressure than the pressure that will be on a young quarterbacks shoulders than being in the playoffs.

Frerotte's a veteran. Playoff pressure isn't going to get to him. He knows the situation. He will play at a high level whether its a meaningless game or the playoffs because he's been in the league long enough to know. He is steady. Above average. When he gets going he's going to do very good especially with a guy like Peterson in the backfield. He would definately be the best choice for Minnesota in the playoffs. The golden rule is that you can't lose your job just because of injury. He took us to where we were and jsut because of a small injury he shouldn't lose his job. You lose your job from play. Not injury.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Jackson looked like crap the last two games when he actually faced an opponent and when your in the playoffs the same just getting by crap won't work. He had two wide open guys and makes both of them come near to a complete stop to catch it. He looks scattered. Hangs on to the ball. Had the near game losing interception in the endzone and tops it off with a unnecessary roughness. His last pass on the sideline was just inexcusable along with the management. He wasn't accurate. He looked poor and most of that was against scrubs. Once you know anything about this guy the game plan against this guy is so simple in the playoffs where coaches game plans are at their best Jackson won't stand a chance.
    Especially if we play Jimmy Johnson who if he has any film will tear you to pieces. He has great game plans to shut down Romo and Brady last year and in the end of the year has enough film to destroy. He likes to blitz. Jackson looks like crap when you blitz him. If he can handle Romo I doubt he'll have any trouble with a guy like Jackson. You say Jackson's mobile. He didn't look too mobile today getting sacked. Not evading anyone. Ferrotte at least knows how to step up unlike Jackson. On top of that Jackson said the reason he did poor was because there was so much pressure on him to do well. Well there is no more pressure than the pressure that will be on a young quarterbacks shoulders than being in the playoffs.

Frerotte's a veteran. Playoff pressure isn't going to get to him. He knows the situation. He will play at a high level whether its a meaningless game or the playoffs because he's been in the league long enough to know. He is steady. Above average. When he gets going he's going to do very good especially with a guy like Peterson in the backfield. He would definately be the best choice for Minnesota in the playoffs.
    Umm no.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Let Tjack start...itll be good to develop him, especially in a playoff game...(cough)

TheVike1 is offline Rookie

pressure comes from within your mind tell tj that he has earned the start regardless next week
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

Frerotte's a veteran. Playoff pressure isn't going to get to him. He knows the situation. He will play at a high level whether its a meaningless game or the playoffs because he's been in the league long enough to know. He is steady. Above average. When he gets going he's going to do very good especially with a guy like Peterson in the backfield. He would definately be the best choice for Minnesota in the playoffs.
    Umm no.
    Brilliant rebuttal.

The golden rule is that you can't lose your job just because of injury. He took us to where we were and played at a high level while doing it. he shouldn't lose his job just because of a small injury. It is niether just nor rational.
    You lose your job from bad play. Not injury.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

cunningham is offline Training Camp

I agree with the Booty sentiment.

Or we can always sign Chris Weinke...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast