Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QB

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: QB

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    If he's an unrestricted FA it will be straight cash, homey!
    Would be nice but he is a RFA.
    RATS!
    >
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

It would be nice if we could trade for him with a future conditional first round pick than RFA offer, mostly because I believe we will have a top 7 pick this off season, and giving up a 1st and 3rd rounder at 7th pick is a bit much for Derek Anderson in my opinion when you can sign an unrestricted free agent like McNabb and still sign a top 10 pick, maybe get ourselves another peterson level player.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:
    It would be nice if we could trade for him with a future conditional first round pick than RFA offer, mostly because I believe we will have a top 7 pick this off season, and giving up a 1st and 3rd rounder at 7th pick is a bit much for Derek Anderson in my opinion when you can sign an unrestricted free agent like McNabb and still sign a top 10 pick, maybe get ourselves another peterson level player.
    They most likely will require a package similar to what Atlanta got for Schaub. I agree that a top 10 pick is too much for him, but they are going to want a 1st rounder because they traded theirs to Dallas this year to draft Quinn.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Anderson is playing great this season, I'll give him that, but he is not worth a 1st round and 3rd round pick this offseason.
    For all we know, he may not be able to run the KAO (not that anyone else has) either.
    I'd rather we draft Woodson and coax Cowher out of retirement with the prospects of having AD, CT, Woodson, and a solid D to build around.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

We don't need a QB, we'll be just fine with Jackson, Holcomb, and Bollinger.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

[size=20pt]NOT![/size]

Childress, you're a fool.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I would have to say that if we had a shot to acquire DA, we would have to do it.
    TJ is a work in progress.
    DA has sort of proven himself.

DA would at least be a potential long term QB unlike BB and KH who are reserve only QBs.

I remember a comment from an interview with Chilly from this past summer.
    He made a comment that he would like to have one starting QB, one reserve and the 3rd would be in an emergency only role on the sideline.
    That hasn't worked out very well for him.
    We have put ourselves in the emergency position a few times already.
    LOL!

Cleveland is offline Waterboy

Well, it is my opinion that if Anderson continues what he is doing the Vikings first rounder may not be enough to get him.
    Atlanta and Miami will look long and hard to get him and they should have a higher pick.
    But if he signs with anyone as a restricted FA then the Browns get whatever team signs him first and third, providing the Browns tender him, which they will.
    I still have hopes that the Browns sign him long term and, if possible, trade Quinn instead, but we shall see.
    Quinn's stock has risen after his stellar preseason to the point that the Browns should be able to get a top ten choice for him if not more.
    I would much rather have him then any QB available in this draft.

I see some of you wondering if Anderson is worth a high pick and I think he definitely is.
    Does anyone here believe that Ryan will one day throw 40 td's and 4000 yards while leading your team to over 30 points per game?
    Those are Anderson's projected numbers this season, and if he even comes close to them he is worth much more than just a high first round pick.
    With Anderson, the Vikings would be Super Bowl contenders.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site my friend.

Two very solid posts.

Thanks for the insight into DA.
    I for one would love to see him in Purple and think that a 1rst and a 3rd is worth it.

My rationale is base on the fact that we've had two really good drafts which kindof makes up for the previous 3-5 years of poke and hope approach from the previous regime when it came to drafting.

That and that alone are why this team is so short on depth and skilled players at key posititions such as WR and QB.

Additionally, when I look out there at what might be avail for us next year to fix the QB position (without having to rely on another raw rook) then there just isn't much avail.
    IMHO DA is one of the most viable options for us to pursue.

Pro's.
    He would be a long term answer/solution.

He as you said, sees the field well.
    He gets rid of the ball rather quickly (this suprised me).
    He makes smart decisions when he throws.
    He has an arm strong enough to fit the ball in if required.

Con's.
    Experience.
    Although he is getting much needed reps this year, I wonder how/if he will fit our scheme.
    I don't see this a such a big issue though.
    Picks. A first and a third are huge when you look at this team and were we are depth wise related to our inept attempts in previous years of drafting.
    Again, I don't see this as to big of an issue either.

Short story long.
    I like the kid and hope we go after him.
    Keep TJ on and see if we can get someone that isn't drafted in after the draft as another developmental project.

Again, thanks for the insight my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Cleveland" wrote:
    For what it's worth:

I am a Browns' fan living in Cleveland, but I stumbled upon this site and thought I'd give an opinion about Anderson, whom I have read many of you have wondered about due to his being a restricted FA in '08.
    We will have to wait until this season is over to make a final determination, but it is my opinion that Anderson is the real deal.

For one thing, he has all the intangibles you want in a QB that really cannot be taught: He sees the field well, senses pressure in the pocket (Fry was sacked six times in a quarter and a half; Anderson eight times all season), gets rid of the ball quickly, and has a gung slinger's mentality.
    Other than his lack of mobility, his physical skills are there as well (that is, he has a gun_).
    His decision making -- which is one talent a QB can learn -- is not entirely there yet.
    Then again, I can say the same thing about Romo and Eli Manning.

Surprisingly, Cleveland still seems to prefer Quinn over Anderson in the future, which proves to me browns' fans are a bunch of idiots.
    It is like Clevelanders prefer one bird in the bush to two birds in the hand (which is why Bellichick is coaching in NE right now). The only reason why you get rid of Anderson for the sake of Quinn is if you believe he can b e better than Anderson, and if Anderson continues what he is doing now Quinn being better would be pretty tough indeed.
    It is my opinion that if the Vikings have a chance to get either they should do it, even if that means multiple high picks for Anderson.
    That is just my opinion though.
    Sounds like the second coming of Kosar

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast