Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QB

Cleveland is offline Waterboy

QB

For what it's worth:

I am a Browns' fan living in Cleveland, but I stumbled upon this site and thought I'd give an opinion about Anderson, whom I have read many of you have wondered about due to his being a restricted FA in '08.
    We will have to wait until this season is over to make a final determination, but it is my opinion that Anderson is the real deal.

For one thing, he has all the intangibles you want in a QB that really cannot be taught: He sees the field well, senses pressure in the pocket (Fry was sacked six times in a quarter and a half; Anderson eight times all season), gets rid of the ball quickly, and has a gung slinger's mentality.
    Other than his lack of mobility, his physical skills are there as well (that is, he has a gun_).
    His decision making -- which is one talent a QB can learn -- is not entirely there yet.
    Then again, I can say the same thing about Romo and Eli Manning.

Surprisingly, Cleveland still seems to prefer Quinn over Anderson in the future, which proves to me browns' fans are a bunch of idiots.
    It is like Clevelanders prefer one bird in the bush to two birds in the hand (which is why Bellichick is coaching in NE right now). The only reason why you get rid of Anderson for the sake of Quinn is if you believe he can b e better than Anderson, and if Anderson continues what he is doing now Quinn being better would be pretty tough indeed.
    It is my opinion that if the Vikings have a chance to get either they should do it, even if that means multiple high picks for Anderson.
    That is just my opinion though.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: QB

Nice post. Thanks for the info.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

how about we give you our 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 round picks and you can give us Joe thomas, derek anderson, and braylon edwards
    ;D

Thanks josdin00

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i would like braylon.....

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Good post indeed. Also, good information to know about Anderson.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Welcome!
    Great post!
    You hit the nail on the head.
    I am a Viking fan in the Cleveland area (Medina) and it is not very hard to keep up with the Browns living here.
    I listen to all talk radio, been to some games, and worked with a ton of their fans.

What I get from them is that they are happy with D.A., but they want to test drive the new car (Quinn).
    When you look at the Browns this year they are surprising to say the least.
    However, what sticks out to me is the winning % of the teams they beat; 2 of those teams have zero wins.

I am sure they will not be able to keep D.A. and pretty soon we will see Quinn.
    I think against a quality opponent D.A. will have a much harder time.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

This kind of reminds me of a quick version of the Rivers vs. Brees thing in SD. I see Anderson making a quick exit this offseason (demanding a trade or going RFA) to try and make his cash and take a full time starting QB role at the same time. Hopefully we're the team that sends the cash his direction...

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Anderson was a 3rd round pick but they will most likely tender him at the highest value a 1st and a 3rd. So with our high pick it would be a lot to give up but he may be a better option than drafting another young QB.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

If he's an unrestricted FA it will be straight cash, homey!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    If he's an unrestricted FA it will be straight cash, homey!
    Would be nice but he is a RFA.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast