singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Q&A with Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress

[size=13pt]Q&A with Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress[/size]

The Vikings are being discussed as Super Bowl contenders, but the high expectations don't bother coach Brad Childress

Pioneer Press
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 07/19/2008 11:00:45 PM CDT

As he enters his third season with the Minnesota Vikings, expectations are higher than ever for coach Brad Childress and the team....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Q&A with Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress

Q: On a personal note, not to do with football, what was a highlight of your offseason? Was there anything fun you did?

A: I caught a fish this past week, a goliath grouper. I don't ever fish. Sixty-five pounds off of Marco Island in Florida.
    He must have gotten more enjoyment out of catching that grouper than he did flying with The Blue Angels.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Q: On a personal note, not to do with football, what was a highlight of your offseason? Was there anything fun you did?

A: I caught a fish this past week, a goliath grouper. I don't ever fish. Sixty-five pounds off of Marco Island in Florida.
    He must have gotten more enjoyment out of catching that grouper than he did flying with The Blue Angels.

In a recent interview with the Pioneer Press before the reported Brett Favre tampering allegations, Childress expressed his excitement about the upcoming season, which kicks off Wednesday when players report for training camp in Mankato, Minn. Here are excerpts of the interview, conducted by Vikings beat writers Sean Jensen and Rick Alonzo:
    Says the interview was before the tampering allegations, which was before he flew with the Blue Angels.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

In a recent interview with the Pioneer Press before the reported Brett Favre tampering allegations, Childress expressed his excitement about the upcoming season, which kicks off Wednesday when players report for training camp in Mankato, Minn. Here are excerpts of the interview, conducted by Vikings beat writers Sean Jensen and Rick Alonzo:
    Says the interview was before the tampering allegations, which was before he flew with the Blue Angels.
    What day did he fly with the Blue Angels?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

What day did he fly with the Blue Angels?
    Childress flew with the Blue Angels on Wednesday, the 16th i believe, which is the same time the tampering charges came to light.
    So if the interview was before the allegations, would have to be before that as well

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

sh01002 is offline Rookie

he caught a fish...wow that's inspiring
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

"sh01002" wrote:
    he caught a fish...wow that's inspiring
    It was a hell of a fish. A 65 lb grouper...

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Q: Who do you look at as your backup at left tackle? Who will compete there?

A: Well, Artis (Hicks) certainly has the experience to do that. That would be the first guy I'd think of. But there's a bunch of people we're going to roll through there.
    I like it, he's the experienced Back-up and i'd like Chase to mature a little more in the O-line.

As a football coach, you want to get your best players on the field. Two of your best players are running backs. Is there a way you can better take advantage of that this season, especially with Adrian Peterson working more on his pass catching?

A: Better take advantage of it? Not unless they play with two balls. I don't think it's going to happen.

You know, if there's an advantage, a strategic advantage, to playing with two backs, then I'd say yes.

In the end, there's only one guy who can end up with the ball at the end of the play. You know?
    ROFL! ;D
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!