Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Q & A with Brian Robison

Questions with Bob Sansevere: Vikings defensive end Brian Robison

Vikings defensive end Brian Robison wears black tape across his upper and lower back, his hamstrings and ankles, and he has persuaded several teammates to do it, too.

Questions with Bob Sansevere: Vikings defensive end Brian Robison - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

TheJazzyOne is offline Rookie
    Hey, whatever works! This guy is great!
    Check out my Minnesota Vikings Blog, The Viking Ship

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That crowd that was saying Robison couldn't be an every-down player is awfully quiet around these parts...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    That crowd that was saying Robison couldn't be an every-down player is awfully quiet around these parts...
    funny I was thinking the same thing on Sunday....
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Tom Pelissero, the writer for ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, is in that quiet group of people. Before the season, he wrote an article questioning why we got rid of Edwards for Robison, saying Robison "lacks Edwards' physical talent." I left a comment on that article and said anyone who understands football can see Robison is a much better athelete... well, he fired back with stats and scouting reports. However, he doesn't reply so much anymore... but I still leave comments on the article asking where he's at.

People who don't understand the nuances of football should not be professional sports writers. Robison is far better than Edwards. Always has been.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    to be honest, I am more excited about Everson Griffen than B-Rob. The kid has it ALL and has impressed the heck out of me this year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    to be honest, I am more excited about Everson Griffen than B-Rob. The kid has it ALL and has impressed the heck out of me this year.
    Robison is 9th (actually 4th, but 6 players tied) in the league for sacks with 4.5... and it's not impressive enough for you?

I'm sure he'd have more, but Allen leads the league with 8.5 sacks... so he's probably taking a few away from B-Rob.

Seriously, Griffen has a long way to go before he's on Robison's level.

2011 NFL Player Defense Stats - National Football League - ESPN
    Last edited by C Mac D; 10-12-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Crowd? LOL. I think it was one guy and he has already admitted he was wrong.

On a side note, he still needs help against the run. I think Erin replacing Leber has played a bit role in helping Rob out in that regard. Last time I looked he was right up there in tackles with EJ and Chad, which is pretty impressive seeings how much he comes off the field in the second halfs when teams start throwing and we go into our nickle.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Robison is 9th (actually 4th, but 6 players tied) in the league for sacks with 4.5... and it's not impressive enough for you?

I'm sure he'd have more, but Allen leads the league with 8.5 sacks... so he's probably taking a few away from B-Rob.

Seriously, Griffen has a long way to go before he's on Robison's level.

2011 NFL Player Defense Stats - National Football League - ESPN
    A long way? You need to go back and watch some tape.

I like Rob alot, but you don't see them using him as a LB'r. If there is anyone who deserves credit for the improved play on the DL, it isn't Rob my friend. Its how they use Everson and Ballard.

Heck, I bet he has half the tackles Rob has and doesn't see the field near as much. As the season goes on, I bet all his stats go up as his playing time increases.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    Your not alone my friend.

My guess, the staff agrees with you as well. Take a look at Robs contract. If they thought he was a long term answer out there they would have given him a lot better contract.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast