singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Q & A with Bob Sansevere: Sacks always in fashion for Ray Edwards

[size=13pt]Questions with Bob Sansevere: Sacks always in fashion for Minnesota Vikings' Ray Edwards[/size]

Pioneer Press

Updated: 08/03/2009 10:53:01 PM CDT

Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards doesn't spend all of his time in the offseason working out. He has a job on the side. I talked to him Monday about that, as well as a few things related to football....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Q & A with Bob Sansevere: Sacks always in fashion for Ray Edwards

...BS: After a sack Jared Allen has that thing he does (where he makes believe he's roping a calf). Do you have a signature move you're working on? Maybe a runway pose?

RE: I'm thinking about something right now. I'm going to call my godfather, Dave Parker, and see what he says.

BS: Dave Parker, the baseball player?

RE: Oh, yeah.

BS: He's your godfather?

RE: He's my godfather. So, I'm going to call him up and see what kind of a celebration he's got for me. He was a superstar in his day, so I know he's got something up his sleeve.

BS: So, is he your real godfather or is he more of a mentor?

RE: He has been like my mentor. He's shown me the ropes and shown me how to be dedicated and be passionate...
    Quick, someone call Parker and load him up with some ideas.
    I prefer a subtle leg lift toward the QB like he's a dog marking his turf.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

BS: Let's talk about the team. You've got three guys on the defensive line with you who are Pro Bowlers:

Jared Allen, Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. Do you feel like the fourth guy who still has to prove himself?

RE: Absolutely. I definitely have to prove myself. I want to be known as one of the best. I'll just continue to try and do that.

BS: Last year, you said you wanted to break Michael Strahan's NFL record for sacks (22 1/2). Were you kidding or were you serious?

RE: I was serious. (Edwards had five sacks in 2008.) You shoot for the stars. We don't play the game just to play it. I set my goals high for myself. That's how I was raised.

BS: Is the goal still set there (at beating Strahan's record)?

RE: We're going to see. My thing this year is stay tuned.
    Not making promises he can't keep this season...... I think that is a mature thing to do.
    Let your play speak for you on the field.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    ...BS: After a sack Jared Allen has that thing he does (where he makes believe he's roping a calf). Do you have a signature move you're working on? Maybe a runway pose?

RE: I'm thinking about something right now. I'm going to call my godfather, Dave Parker, and see what he says.

BS: Dave Parker, the baseball player?

RE: Oh, yeah.

BS: He's your godfather?

RE: He's my godfather. So, I'm going to call him up and see what kind of a celebration he's got for me. He was a superstar in his day, so I know he's got something up his sleeve.

BS: So, is he your real godfather or is he more of a mentor?

RE: He has been like my mentor. He's shown me the ropes and shown me how to be dedicated and be passionate...
    Quick, someone call Parker and load him up with some ideas.
    I prefer a subtle leg lift toward the QB like he's a dog marking his turf.
    Are you kidding me? LOL
    No, no, no.....as a model in the offseason, he should vogue after a sack. While singing "I'm too sexy for my jersey".

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?