Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Purplepride.org members

I can cut down on a few beers a month!! I can help out!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Purplepride.org members

"webmaster" wrote:
    Resident Putz for Bono. I feel a title coming on.
    [size=7px][/size]

I saw Bonos new title (cheap as$ hillbilly) and nearly fell out of my chair. What a perfect
    fit. Bono reminds me of Martha Stewart. I certainly would be happy
    to contribute either by a pay pal donation or a .org purchase.
    Great idea ENL and for those who do not know the meaning of
    donation please visit www.websters.com
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Purplepride.org members

I know exactly why a donation to this site would be worth it - all this freedom we have to post, play games, warp a packer, etc., costs BANDWIDTH. In case you don't know what that is, when you start a public website, there are several things that you pay MONTHLY for, including paying to have the site on the server that you have it on, and charges for extra bandwidth, i.e., the amount of traffic in and out of the site. Because of so many new members, and the way the site is constantly growing, it costs extra to Webby to have so many people accessing the site, downloading and uploading stuff, etc. So to him, the site isn't "free". I would certainly be willing to donate, and remember, a donation is just that: it's voluntary. If it were mandatory, it would be called a bill. So the next time anyone thinks this is a free site, think again.

Just my two cents on the subject.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Mr. O is offline Starter

Purplepride.org members

There should definitely be a link to donate a little, and whenever you find yourself with an extra buck or two, throw it in the pot. I'd be up for throwing one or two dollars towards pp.org every once in awhile to help out. Obviously, not everyone can afford to put in $ all the time, especially students (having been one not long ago, I know how it feels), but many of us are employed full time and get many hours of enjoyment out of this site, so why not donate a little to ensure it keeps going and growing.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Purplepride.org members

Ya know, I have spent the last three years of my life working as a waiter. If I give good service, people tip good. If I give EXCELLENT service (which I try to do) people tip EXCELLENT. I think Webby has done an EXCELLENT job. I do, really enjoy this site, and would donate. Would I break the bank? No. Would I at least send some money to someone doing an excellent, most likely underappreciated job, that I get the benefits of? Hell, yes. I also play a MMPOLRPG or whatever they are called. There are numerous websites that you can donate to. I would never touch the paysites, but the donate ones? I have bought stuff through them, and if I read enough there, I am gonna donate. I would love, and do hope you find yourself rethinking this Webby, and make the link...assuming I can find it.... =D...Why? Because those of us that really enjoy the site can donate because we enjoy it. And it will make those of us that want to HAPPY. I can't just leave that on the table, before you bus it, Webby. =D.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Purplepride.org members

bono
    Cheap Ass Hillbilly

That alone is worth a couple'a bucks :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Purplepride.org members

Maybe Webby can create a new forum, "Bandwidth Bucks" where he could keep us apprised of his expenses and donations received. He could even put the link in there for us to contribute. If there's additional money there we (he) could even find a worthy cause like a Purplepride party, Los' pal, or whatever.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Purplepride.org members

I don't know about all of that DONATE stuff...people in my line of work just don't make enough money to really be able to give away our hard-earned dollars for just anything!

Just kidding, guys...set it up Webby...I'm in for whatever it takes to keep this thing going...as long as you are still gonna have that Purplepride.org housewarming party when you finally move into your new pad in Stillwater!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Purplepride.org members

Hey webby, about how much does it cost to keep this joint up and running? If you don't want to disclose the amount I would understand, but I am just curious and I never realized that having a website actually cost money to keep up and running (yeah, I am pretty stupid!). I have my viking visa ready to donate!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Articnv is offline Coach

Purplepride.org members

When i ran a website for Everquest guild it was 100 bucks a year for the hosting and then it was 10 to 90 a month depending on bandwitch usage. Have a doantion link helps defry the costs alot.

I m for donations and if theres any thing left from student loan check i would be willing to donate

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast