Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Purplepride.org members

"bono" wrote:
    cool your jets, Ultra!
    Why? A guy makes a nice suggestion and you twist it all around.

I do not think that if somebody were to give $$$ in the form of a donation that they would not be entitled too push the limits. I do not think that webby operates like that.

If you are poor or do not want to give, fine. We are all fans of this site and the Vikings (except bono)

Now I feel bad because it will never happen now that this angle has been spun on it! :salute:

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Purplepride.org members

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    I respect how you feel bono but I assume the donations would be confidential and you would not be required to give anything to access the site. I just thought it would be a nice jesture to webmaster for paying to keep this site up. Not that he minds or anything. I believe the majority of the members here are adults and could afford 50 cents a year or a month. The logo would be there...if you want to give something fine, if not fine. Like I said I respect your opinion and it ultimately would be Webbys decision...but I think the majority of the members would be all for it.
    When you put it that way, then I take back my earlier comment. You are right enlvikeman.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Purplepride.org members

Fine then, Ultra. I'm sorry for putting such a bad angle on the whole thing. It's webby's site...he can do what he wants.
    And uh, Ultra? I don't appreciate you pointing me out as an anti-viking fan. Sure, most all of ya know I am. But still, in a situation like this...under these "webby donations...pay as ya go" matters, I'd appreciate it if all things were neutral betwix us.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Purplepride.org members

"bono" wrote:
    And uh, Ultra? I don't appreciate you pointing me out as an anti-viking fan. Sure, most all of ya know I am. .
    Why? You just did yourself. Most of us already know that you are. We would not even think a Packer fan (except Los) would even be interested. So why even put in your 2-cents?

And it is not "webby donations...pay as ya go". You make it sound as if he is going to pocket money! Please! I am done wasting my time with you! I am out!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Purplepride.org members

I hear what your saying Bono and I don't think your any less of a fan then me. I guess I really didn't think of it that way your feelings are towards it. Like I said I was just putting some feelers out there.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Purplepride.org members

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    cool your jets, Ultra!
    Why? A guy makes a nice suggestion and you twist it all around.

I do not think that if somebody were to give $$$ in the form of a donation that they would not be entitled too push the limits. I do not think that webby operates like that.

If you are poor or do not want to give, fine. We are all fans of this site and the Vikings (except bono)

Now I feel bad because it will never happen now that this angle has been spun on it! :salute:
    Ultra, I hear where your coming from, but I think if Webby decides not to do it, it won't be because of Bono's comments about it. You are right, it is just a donation, when I first read enl's comment about it all I saw was paying money and I've been kinda tight on money that's why my first instintct was no. But I really do appreciate all that Webby does for this site, and if he is putting in his own money I guess I wouldn't mind giving a buck or two a month. I think the people that really care about this site, are the ones that will stick around, if people leave just because they feel obligated to give money, then that's their problem. I'm too addicted to this site, even if it was a mandatory paid site I think I would still stick around. enl, it was a good thought and I think Webby will appreciate it.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Purplepride.org members

To weigh in, I've tried discreetly putting a link up once or twice when things got tight....I do pay for all the hosting charges and bandwith, all the fantasy games/football pools so people can play for free, blah blah and my programming time out of my pocket. Not to say its not fun, but I do appreciate the gesture ENL, Ultra, etc.

The one way I do defray my costs is when people buy stuff from the Purplepride.org store which isrun by Footballfanatics. I'll get a check for $5 or $10 every month or so...so maybe if you want to help out, buy from the store and we put our little percentage towards upkeep.

I really appreciate the gesture. And ferchrissakes, Bono, if you don't like the conversation, get the F*** out. Its not A GB Site, and news flash: you are not thought of as a pillar of GB thought, even with all the pretty little words you attempt to contibute to your little Milwaukee paper. The f***in' nerve of a GB fan to weigh in on something unrelated to him, his team, or his rightful fan site---to which you can jump anytime you guys learn HTML over there.

Resident Putz for Bono. I feel a title coming on.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Purplepride.org members

I'd go along with it being a good idea, as said it's not compulsory to click on it and people aren't going to get banned for not making a donation.
    Given the fun and pleasure we all derive from the site then I personally don't see a problem with it. With the amount of people that visit here then even a dollar each a month is not exactly going to break the bank. Of course there a few members that might not be able to do that, thats fine and I wouldn't think less of them or their posts if they're not able to make a donation for whatever the reason.

just my two pennyworth ...

incidentally love the title you picked out webby :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Purplepride.org members

"webmaster" wrote:
    Resident Putz for Bono. I feel a title coming on.
    How fitting!

Wyndy11 is offline Rookie

Purplepride.org members

I'd be more than happy to help!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast