Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Purplepride.org members

Awhile ago I emailed webby and asked him what he thought about having a paypal donation link on his site. He stated he didn't mind the idea however he has already tried it in the past without much enthusiasm from the members. I wouldn't mind it at all and think its a great idea. I used to have a website and know how much work it is, so I can sort of empathize with Webby. This is hands down the best vikings fansite on the net. We have access to a chat room, can upload personal pics, get updated Vikings info and can have dialouge with Vikings fans across the world. I'd be happy to throw a dollar or two at the site every month. Just putting a feeler out there...what do you guys think?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Purplepride.org members

I am all for it! (wow a serious post from enlvikeman) :salute:

Purplepride.org members

Can you believe it ultra? it's alot of hardwork upholding the "resident jackass" label but occaisionally I feel compelled to do or say what's right. I was wondering why I felt the need to become a cop.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Purplepride.org members

sounds like a good idea, but, I've had my share of "pay as ya go/use" cyberspace stuff...I think everything's cool the way it is. Sure, it's only a buck, but come on, why start now? besides, I sure there's an x-amount of ppl in here who are very under age...how will they go about paying their monthly purpplepride bill without hindering their parents/guardians? And who's to say that some of these children in here -their parents - want them even dealing in cypberspace in this way? think about it.
    Not only that, but I'm sure that if money charges come into play, some folks around here will simply go elsewhere to post their feelings, etc (e.g. Packers-suck.com), to avoid the hassle.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Purplepride.org members

The $$ helps I'm sure... the downside of it is people that donate seem to feel that they now have a right to push the limits more because they're paying to be here.

Purplepride.org members

I agree w/ that as well, Jackyl

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Purplepride.org members

"bono" wrote:
    sounds like a good idea, but, I've had my share of "pay as ya go/use" cyberspace stuff...I think everything's cool the way it is. Sure, it's only a buck, but come on, why start now? besides, I sure there's an x-amount of ppl in here who are very under age...how will they go about paying their monthly purpplepride bill without hindering their parents/guardians? And who's to say that some of these children in here -their parents - want them even dealing in cypberspace in this way? think about it.
    Not only that, but I'm sure that if money charges come into play, some folks around here will simply go elsewhere to post their feelings, etc (e.g. Packers-suck.com), to avoid the hassle.
    You are putting the wrong spin on this! Enlvikeman was not suggesting a mebership fee or "pay as ya go/use". WTF! Monthly Purplepride bill? IT IS A DONATION JACK:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Awhile ago I emailed webby and asked him what he thought about having a paypal donation link on his site.
    What he is saying, if you have a buck or two and would like to make a donation fine, if you don't fine!

So, if this ever does materialize, don't worry; WE DO NOT NEED YOUR MONEY!!!
    (the nerve of some fricken' people) :bootyshake:

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Purplepride.org members

I don't know about that, I'm a poor college student. I'm gonna have to agree with Bono and Jackyl on this one.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Purplepride.org members

I respect how you feel bono but I assume the donations would be confidential and you would not be required to give anything to access the site. I just thought it would be a nice jesture to webmaster for paying to keep this site up. Not that he minds or anything. I believe the majority of the members here are adults and could afford 50 cents a year or a month. The logo would be there...if you want to give something fine, if not fine. Like I said I respect your opinion and it ultimately would be Webbys decision...but I think the majority of the members would be all for it.

Purplepride.org members

cool your jets, Ultra!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast