Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purple Stain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Stain

While I was looking for a picture of a flamethrower at Met Stadium I ran across this article from 2000.
    It list every Viking who had ever been arrested and the outcome of it and some other information. I fouond out lots of things I never remembered from before...
    Like this:
    On March 14 a 49-year-old man, a bit bookish-looking in his round wire-framed spectacles, appeared in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis, where he entered a plea of guilty to a single count of mail fraud. The event made the papers the next day, in part because the man's legal woes were linked to a much-publicized federal investigation into a real estate scam known as "flipping." But for local football fans, there was a more compelling cause for curiosity than the latest vogue in mortgage rip-offs. The accused was Chuck Foreman--Number 44, a revered veteran from the greatest era in the history of the Minnesota Vikings.
    Here's the link: http://citypages.com/databank/21/1009/article8564.asp
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Purple Stain

2000 and Singer did not post it?

He's gonna be pissed!

LOL!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Here's a list of every player arrested since 2000, not just vikings, the entire NFL.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/Pacman_Appeal.pdf

I borrowed it from a thread, I forget which one, but someone posted it a month or two ago.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Stain, Purple Stain.....Purple Stain, Purple Stain....

I only wanna see you...I only wanna see you...

listed on the Purple Stain...

OOOO..OOOOO..OOOOOOOO.......OO

*guitar solo*

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

My memory is fading a bit. Which one punched the cop? Was it Millard? Doleman? Studwell?

Cojo, you should know this one.

I'm thinking Millard.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:

I only wanna see you...I only wanna see you...

listed on the Purple Stain...

*guitar solo*

Is that what Prince sings when he washed his shorts?

You are right Singer. It was Millard. I remember that incident. Here's his rap sheet:
    The notoriously hotheaded Millard's troubles were in evidence by the time he reached Washington State University. In 1983 he spent 15 days in a county jail after pleading guilty to simple assault after coldcocking his fraternity president in a dispute over first dibs on a slice of pizza. In 1985 during his rookie season with the Vikes, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in connection with a late-night row at a Bloomington hotel. In 1988 he was acquitted of head-butting a fellow patron at a Chanhassen bar. Arrested on drunk-driving charges in Washington in 1989, he entered a pre-trial diversion program, agreeing to sober up and attend counseling. Millard attributed a second DWI arrest, in Minnesota in 1990, to "bad luck," though he acknowledged having gone 73 in a 40-m.p.h. zone and pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of careless driving. In another motor-vehicle incident, in 1991, Millard smashed his Corvette into a concrete flower planter at a Hardee's drive-through in Mankato and fled on foot to the training-camp dorm. He was not charged, but his 'Vette had a reported $7,500 in damage, and the planter sustained $700 worth.

MITIGATING FACTOR: Millard's statement to the arresting officer in the hotel fracas--"My arms are more powerful than your guns"--remains one of the most memorable utterances in Vikings history.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    You are right Singer. It was Millard. I remember that incident. Here's his rap sheet:
    The notoriously hotheaded Millard's troubles were in evidence by the time he reached Washington State University. In 1983 he spent 15 days in a county jail after pleading guilty to simple assault after coldcocking his fraternity president in a dispute over first dibs on a slice of pizza. In 1985 during his rookie season with the Vikes, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in connection with a late-night row at a Bloomington hotel. In 1988 he was acquitted of head-butting a fellow patron at a Chanhassen bar. Arrested on drunk-driving charges in Washington in 1989, he entered a pre-trial diversion program, agreeing to sober up and attend counseling. Millard attributed a second DWI arrest, in Minnesota in 1990, to "bad luck," though he acknowledged having gone 73 in a 40-m.p.h. zone and pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of careless driving. In another motor-vehicle incident, in 1991, Millard smashed his Corvette into a concrete flower planter at a Hardee's drive-through in Mankato and fled on foot to the training-camp dorm. He was not charged, but his 'Vette had a reported $7,500 in damage, and the planter sustained $700 worth.

MITIGATING FACTOR: Millard's statement to the arresting officer in the hotel fracas--"My arms are more powerful than your guns"--remains one of the most memorable utterances in Vikings history.
    Thanx Cojo. I wasn't 100% sure it was him at first. Now that I read his rap sheet, I remeber his famous quote to the cops;

MITIGATING FACTOR: Millard's statement to the arresting officer in the hotel fracas
    --"My arms are more powerful than your guns"-- remains one of the most memorable utterances in Vikings history.
    LOL!

Since your memory seems to be better than mine, was it Lowdermilk or Doleman who was holding out one year & wouldn't sign a contract & when push came to shove, his wife refused to cook for him until he signed the contract?

He signed.

I'm thinking it was Lowdermilk.

Man, Singer, you got me on that one. I don't remember that incident at all. Funny though. We forget how much power the woman has sometimes!
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast