Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Purple Pride Creed

I am tired of all the people saying that the leaving the Vikes b/c of offseason woes. >

A fan lives by this creed: " The day will come when we will the superbowl, I will rejoice in that moment, not on SB win but, because of all the losses between."

A fan hopes that win his team wins it all, he can honestly say. I been a fan since day one. This gentlemen is what its all about.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Purple Pride Creed

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    I am tired of all the people saying that the leaving the Vikes b/c of offseason woes. >

A fan lives by this creed: " The day will come when we will the superbowl, I will rejoice in that moment, not on SB win but, because of all the losses between."

A fan hopes that win his team wins it all, he can honestly say. I been a fan since day one. This gentlemen is what its all about.
    Amen son

Thanks josdin00

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

By far the majority would agree with this.
    Anyone that has followed the team, or any team, for a length of time doesn't get too involved with man-love for any given player over the team.
    Enjoy them while they're here and move on.
    A lot of good players have come and gone on any team.
    If someone is a fan of a player over the team that is their thing, but for the love of god don't feign being a fan of the team because your butt-buddy is on the team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think relatively few fans actually leave a team in the offseason.
    Another poster claimed to have several "die hard" Vikings fans who now cheer for the Pats, but I think that is a bunch of bullshit (to accompany more of the other bullshit in his posts).

The people who have been jumping ship for the past couple of years tend to be 98ers.
    People who have one version of the Vikings in their mind, and anything else in unthinkable.

Just be sure not to turn this in to a "true" fan thread.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Seems to be prevalent in this day and age to follow players vice teams.

I for one grew up in a house that was a mix of Green Bay, KC fans.
    Most, if not all of my Uncles switched when MN got a team.

Having been born in 1961 I am the first generation fan in our household to have followed the Vikes since thier origin. Hopefully my son will continue that legacy along with his sons and thier sons etc etc etc.

To say that I would quit on my team because they aren't picking up a bunch of "Big Name" free agents is just ludicrous.

I still remember when I found out Denny had jettisoned Joey.
    It was a sad day, however, somebody else came along to wear the horned helmet and the purple and gold uniform.

Other things stand out, Bud Grant retiring, Les Steckel Hiring, 9 out of 10 winning seasons with Denny, Anthony Carters catches, Seeing Chuck do the spin, Hearing my Dad and uncles bitch because we signed Chris Carter, watching Chris Carter only catch touchdowns, Randy Mosssssssss drafted, his first touchdown, the day he left etc etc etc.
    All highs and lows.

Sure times were tough last year.
    Judging by some of your thoughts/comments, times will be tough again this year.
    Because of my failing as always being optimistic and looking for the good instead of the bad, I just don't see us really doing any worse, but rather doing alot better next year.

Even if my purple colored optimisim is off base...... guess what, I will still be there.

Cheering for my TEAM and not just a player.

One day I WILL experience the joy of a SB winning season and it will be sweet because of the ride to get there.

JUMP THE SHIP NAYSAYERS.
    We don't need you.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

It's very stupid to leave the team or jump ship or stop being a Vikings fan.
    Am I a lot less optimistic about some of the moves the team has made, sure, but I'll still root for them.
    Will I be any less excited, that's really hard to say.
    If we come out and lay an egg on opening Sunday, yeah, I'll probably be expecting a 4-12 season, but I'll still be rooting for them, hoping they can do something to make us proud.
    Honestly, I do expect us to have a losing season this year, and if that does happen, I expect Childress to be gone at the end of the year.
    Hopefully I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didnt' do much this year.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Am I a lot less optimistic about some of the moves the team has made, sure, but I'll still root for them.
    If we come out and lay an egg on opening Sunday, yeah, I'll probably be expecting a 4-12 season, but I'll still be rooting for them, hoping they can do something to make us proud.
    Honestly, I do expect us to have a losing season this year, and if that does happen, I expect Childress to be gone at the end of the year.
    Hopefully I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didnt' do much this year.
    JDogg,

I don't think either are a good expectation.
    As a matter of opinion, I believe that B-chill has the owners trust and will be given at least the average timeframe within the league (3 to 4 years) to start winnning.
    This is of course based on the evidence we have to look at and that is the youth/experience of the players coming in.
    Again, all speculation on my part.

Additionally, I posted this in another thread that dealt with our record remembering of course I am a optimist.
    ;D

Chicago (2)

(Major upheaval going on right now with the troops = split)
    Detroit (2)

(This is tough.
    They are trying despite Millen = split)
    Green Bay (2)
    (A team on the upswing even with FAvvvvreee = split)
    at Dallas

(Loss)
    at New York Giants (Loss)
    Philadelphia

(Win)
    Washington

(Win, two years in a row. )
    at Denver

(Cutler goes through second year jinx = Win)
    at Kansas City
    (Win)
    Oakland

(Win)
    San Diego

(Loss)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    JDogg,

As a matter of opinion, I believe that B-chill has the owners trust and will be given at least the average timeframe within the league (3 to 4 years) to start winnning.
    This is of course based on the evidence we have to look at and that is the youth/experience of the players coming in.

Additionally, I posted this in another thread that dealt with our record remembering of course I am a optimist.
    ;D

Chicago (2)

Detroit (2)

(This is tough.

Green Bay (2)

at Dallas

(Loss)
    Philadelphia

(Win)
    Washington

at Denver

at Kansas City

(Win)
    Oakland

(Win)
    San Diego

(Loss)
    Of course the majority is speculation on my part also, it just seems like we have too many weaknesses, and haven't done enough to improve in those areas.
    Then the QB situation scares me, whether it's TJ or Brooks.
    Also as far as predicting which games we'll win or lose now, that's impossible.
    What if Cutler is the 2nd coming of Elway, we could lose that game, what if Washington is this year's New Orleans, we'd probably lose that one.

I'd imagine at least 95% of us, banked on a win against San Francisco last year, and look what happened there, and a lot of people also thought we'd sweep Green Bay.

542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    JDogg,

;D

Chicago (2)

Detroit (2)

(This is tough.

Green Bay (2)

at Dallas

(Loss)
    Philadelphia

(Win)
    Washington

at Denver

at Kansas City

(Win)
    Oakland

(Win)
    San Diego

(Loss)
    Of course the majority is speculation on my part also, it just seems like we have too many weaknesses, and haven't done enough to improve in those areas.
    Then the QB situation scares me, whether it's TJ or Brooks.
    Also as far as predicting which games we'll win or lose now, that's impossible.
    What if Cutler is the 2nd coming of Elway, we could lose that game, what if Washington is this year's New Orleans, we'd probably lose that one.

I'd imagine at least 95% of us, banked on a win against San Francisco last year, and look what happened there, and a lot of people also thought we'd sweep Green Bay.

Its all good my man.
    I like your stuff.

As for me, I love to speculate, especially this time of year.

;D

I also have concerns over the QB situation.

My take is that it is gonna be a bit painfull to watch whomever it is run the offense.
    If that is TJ then I am on board.
    If it is Quinn then I am on board.
    If it is a FA yet to be signed, I am onboard.
    Heck even if it is Brooksie old boy then, yes, I am on board but then I am gonna buy stock in Corona cause I am gonna spend alot on it this year
    ;D End result will be that someone will be in place to run this offense in 2008.

Big picture man.
    Keep that in focus.

Ahhh predictions.

Did you fill out your NCAA bracket?
    Do you do a football pool at work?
    Do you bet on games?
    Heck do you even rag some friends at work about what thier team will do next year or week to week.
    All predictions my friend.
    It is what makes sports great.
    When your team wins against those predictions it makes it even sweeter. I have a bunch of threads rat holed for some of the NAYSAYERS on this site.

I for one am predicting I am gonna wear out Webby's servers searching for those jewels later on this year
    ;D

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Good Riddance naysayers!!
    The Purple Pain comes and goes, but more often than not, its later than sooner!!

SKOL VIKES!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast