singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Purple People Eaters not impressed with defense

Purple People Eaters not impressed with defense

Vikings: Purple People Eaters not impressed with defense - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    In fairness I am not impressed with the trophy case that the PPE's left us either.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    In fairness I am not impressed with the trophy case that the PPE's left us either.
    Let's step back and think where we would be historically without the PPEs! Way fewer divisional championships, probably zero NFC crowns, and no trips to the Super Bowl. And no serious butt kickings on many teams they played. Those defenses laid the foundation this franchise is built on. Let's not go "Jim Irsay" on one of the few enduring highlights in Vikings history. As for today's defense, to paraphrase Pitino as Celtics coach , "Alan Page is NOT walking through that door."

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    "The secondary has been a huge problem. "

Oh for about 10 years now............
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Let's step back and think where we would be historically without the PPEs! Way fewer divisional championships, probably zero NFC crowns, and no trips to the Super Bowl. And no serious butt kickings on many teams they played. Those defenses laid the foundation this franchise is built on. Let's not go "Jim Irsay" on one of the few enduring highlights in Vikings history. As for today's defense, to paraphrase Pitino as Celtics coach , "Alan Page is NOT walking through that door."
    Purple Floyd has a valid/true albeit painful point. The "GLORY DAYS" were awesome but they fell short back then.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    The only highlight I care about at this point in my life is one that ends with a Lombardi Trophy. Close only counts in farts and hand grenades.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    I don't see much improvement so far. The defense is still really bad, and the offensive line couldn't block people from the old folks home. IMHO Leslie Frazier is incapable of improving this team. he has to go.
    None

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Friends, my point was what if we did not have PPE in our history. Then we're Cleveland. Rather suck every year in our history or have some level of success? I was there for all of our SB losses and I'm damn glad we were at least there. BTW, the Vikings were only favored in one of those- the first one.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    LOL touche!

They were good though. For 3 consecutive seasons (69-71) they gave up fewer than an average of 10 points per game. The '85 Bears, '00 Ravens, and '02 Bucs, the more modern day teams you think of when you hear great defense, all gave up more than 10 points per game, but they all won bowls so your comment is fair IMO.