Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Purple People Eater Appearances

Do all of the original D Line of Purple People Eater fame participate in live appearances and autograph signings? I know Carl Eller does, but how about Jim Marshall, Gary Larsen (who lives in Seattle) or Justice Page?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Purple People Eater Appearances

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    Do all of the original D Line of Purple People Eater fame participate in live appearances and autograph signings? I know Carl Eller does, but how about Jim Marshall, Gary Larsen (who lives in Seattle) or Justice Page?
    Jackyl would know.

I have heard (I think) that the Larsen is a tough one to get.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

hey! I am right here! jk. I dont know.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Jim does, although not as much as of late due to health issues. Judge rarely does... there's things around being in public service and charging for signing. Larsen is difficult to get just because he's the only one that doesn't reside around the cities.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Ran into Jim Marshall at training camp a couple of years ago and talked to him for awhile. Sometimes Viking alumni show up and camp and if it happens to be the day you are there it is great.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Prophet Guest

When I was in 6th grade a bunch of the purple people eater guys and Vikes came to play some of the local teachers in a BB game. I won the contest for selling the most tickets for the event and received a Carl Eller jersey. I was so excited, the various Vikes were there to sign the jersey for me during half-time of the BB game and I'll never forget Matt Blair using a rubber stamp to sign my jersey. What a bastard, too lazy to sign a little kids jersey that he won by selling tickets for their event. Still am amazed by this after decades.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    What's up, Pac?

Since Larsen is so close to you, he should be the easiest to get...for you anyway!

Any chance that your buddy in the TC can score a couple of tickets for me and a friend for the Green Bay game in the Dome this season? I have gotten my wife to agree to making the trip there...she and her friend will stay with the camper in the parking lot, but her friend's husband wants to go to the game with me (he is a lifelong Minnesotan, so he's cool). Let me know if it is at all possible.

The Cajun
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    What's up, Pac?

Since Larsen is so close to you, he should be the easiest to get...for you anyway!

Any chance that your buddy in the TC can score a couple of tickets for me and a friend for the Green Bay game in the Dome this season? I have gotten my wife to agree to making the trip there...she and her friend will stay with the camper in the parking lot, but her friend's husband wants to go to the game with me (he is a lifelong Minnesotan, so he's cool). Let me know if it is at all possible.

The Cajun
    Cajun, you're such a suck-up!!! :lol:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    What's up, Pac?

The Cajun
    Cajun, you're such a suck-up!!! :lol:
    Hey, Pac invited me to show up there for the game...IF he can get me tickets as well, then it's all good! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    What's up, Pac?

The Cajun
    Cajun My Man!!! :thumbright:

I checked with my pal with the season tickets and his four are already spoken for. He did say if you want to meet us NEXT YEAR, let me know earlier in the year (Feb/April?) as season ticket holders are allowed to order extra tickets for games. At that time he will order some tickets for my favorite barrister. Can't Webby hook you up with a source for the Slacker game? I was looking forward to meeting your new bride and seeing you again!!!! C'mon counselor... YOU CAN DO IT! Find those tickets... Don't fail me now... I have a feeling Shock will set up one hell of a Valhalla party for we weary travelers to the frozen tundra!

Reference Gary Larsen, I found out he has a Ford dealership near SeaTac Airport (Seattle/Tacoma) so during one of my trips through that area I'm going to see if I can get the autograph and pic. Then I'll have to get Marshall's, and figure out a way to get Justice Page's...

Regards to all my purple bleeding friends. Skol Vikings! :cheers:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast