snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Purple and Gold Curse?

I am sitting her watching the Wolves and the Lakers. Looking at the Purple and Gold Laker Unis thinking that until the Vikings change their colors, the Lakers hold all the titles and the Vikings won't get one.

That is far fetched unless you actually believe in curses. If you do, now you have something to ponder for a while.

If it is a curse, hopefully we don't turn into the Cubs or have a curse last as long as the Red Sox had.

I don't actually believe in curses just had a thought to share via Purple Pride.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Pretty sure the Lakers as a franchise won like their first five championships wearing blue unis and the Vikings had purple and gold before the lakers did..

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    It's not the colors that curses us. It is an old hag living up in the boundary waters area who has been pissed off ever since the dome was built.

WWBGD

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Since the franchise's inception, the Vikings have completed 52 seasons of play in the NFL. The team won one NFL Championship in 1969, and was the last team crowned NFL champions before the AFL–NFL merger.

I conclude that until we abolish the AFC the curse will continue.
    I have been searching for some date or event to blame so maybe corrective action (exorcism or sacrifice ) could be taken.
    I bet there is some link to Bud Grant, a birthday or something
    Won't sleep tonight.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Ya, I forgot the Lakers were once blue.

I think I am going to order the purple t-shirt that says "win one before I die."

I just want to have a superbowl win then we will know that there is no curse whatever that curse might be.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Look at the ownership and stadium history of the past 30 years. The ownership has been too busy either trying to sell the team or get a new stadium to focus on building a championship team. It goes back to the late 70's

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Look at the ownership and stadium history of the past 30 years. The ownership has been too busy either trying to sell the team or get a new stadium to focus on building a championship team. It goes back to the late 70's
    Well, we have 2 years at U of M to get on track with building a team, open that new stadium, and win the S-bowl.