Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Proud of this team!

"WaltzingMewelde" wrote:
    Snowinapril is killing me! Why do we play the game? One answer - To win the game! We dont play to look for positives. You sound like Tice right now. His whole press conference was about the 'positives' that he saw. Yeah, well you know what, we made some plays on special teams...big deal. The vikings cant do fundamental things like making tackles. The offense cant run a 2 minute drill effectively, and the vikings dont know how to manange the clock overall. All these things are a must in this league!!! An absolute must! Yes, i know we are a young team...but cmon, how long we gonna use this excuse. If the vikings dont come away with a win this weekend...we are in deep sh*t.
    What part, I have a lot of takes.

I have been thinking though. How did we end up only 3 points behind?

That is the question we all should be asking.

It was a gutsy come back. But yes it was hard to stomach because we kicked our own ass once again. We were there on D and had a hard time making the play. We missed a couple(more than a couple) of tackle in key plays through out the game. On that last drive by Indy, we had a coverage sack about to happen and we let Manning out of the containment and he runs for 15 yds or so. We played well in some situations

The thing to remember is that if we would have won that game, some of us would still be appalled. But it is a lot easier to stomach with a win. We also wouldn't be talking as much about the horrible play. Things look and will look bleak until we get that next win.

OK maybe the glass is hard to visualize as being half full after a game like the last 2 but it is atleast has to be one-third full. Point being is that I am still trying to be optimistic. If you are a fan and don't try to spin it as optimism, why even be a fan. Why not forget football and go hunting instead or find something else to do like paint HAPPY TREES with the hippy painter on PBS.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Proud of this team!

"little redhead" wrote:
    I was thinking that same thing this morning about their record. I was looking down the road to see who we play and if we pull it together a little there really is no reason we can't go 12-4.
    That is a lot of optimism there that is what I am looking for.

Honestly though that would be a hell of a finish.

If we finish 12-4, we will win the Super Bowl with that much momentum. Also because in order to get to 12-4 we will have had to step up the Defensive play. Also that would mean that our offense was back on track.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Proud of this team!

I'll save my predictions until after the Packers game. 11-5 is still do-able (a 5-3 start and a 6-2 finish) but we have to stop the slide now, starting with the Pack.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Proud of this team!

Agreed. We need to win this weekend. If it is inevitable that we split this year with the pack I would rather get the win this weekend as we need it to stop the slide. But I have a feeling we might take both from them this year.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Proud of this team!

This weekend is very important... no only are they our division rivals, but if we don't win... we'll be tied with them!! We can do it though! The division is ours this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Proud of this team!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Welcome to the board, lifelongvike...the best sports fan message board with the most loyal sports fans ever!
    Thanks!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Proud of this team!

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened.
    Keith Newman made the correct play on that last pass to James. He came in from Manning's right side, and got his arms up right in front of Mannings throwing arm.
    He attempted at putting his arms up, but unfortunately it looked like he was falling over or something so his arms only went about as high as Mannings stomach. He needs to stay upright when he sees that Manning's eyes are locked on to a target RIGHT BEHIND HIM.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Proud of this team!

There were a bunch of people in Live Chat during the game. After that play I posted "Manning is the man". I got lambasted by all in chat (%$&*#). It was an amazing play..., but I guess IT WAS the dagger.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Proud of this team!

It's a long season boys (and girls) don't get too worried yet! Let's see how the game against the slackers goes!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345