Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Proud of this team!

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    They played well. I am proud of them. Our offense kept with them even without the best reciever in the game. It was mistake free football on both reams (except that one fumble on first play). No turnovers. Great Job Burley! That was a Vikes moment I will never forget.

Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened. We need to get healthy. I still think we have the potential to make if far, to the playoffs, and maybe even the superbowl, but our best year will be next year, when we get healthy again. I am convinced that if we were 100% healthy for at least most of the time this year we would be 8-0 now. Jimmy would have been awesome helping us block vs the Eagles, and Moss could ahve lit up both the Giants and Colts.

Our backups have stepped up as decent starters, but they jsut arent cutting it much anymore, we need healthy linebackers, we miss Irvin dearly, Moss needs to come back fast, him being out is taking the faith out of the entire team, Rosenthal being healthy would have taken away about 6-8 of our false start penalties in the last few games. I still have high hopes for this year, we could still win it all, we have the talent. But our best team will be next year if we can get everyone back. If we get them all back then its not a "might be the best" situation, we WILL be the best in the NFL and we WILL win the superbowl, perhaps for the second year in a row...you can quote me on that.

Thats something that i was goin to bring up, on the shovle pass he went for the sack not the ball, i saw him do it twice as you did klien and i was pissed :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: , just dont understand, he had a chance to make huge plays, hes gotta get his hands up and make a play on the ball.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Proud of this team!

I agree with just about everyone on the heart but the defense needs to get better in which i dont see happening anytime soon as we play a qb that is good but not manning level right now. BUt still yet we could get torched by green and farve this week if the d doesnt play welll.

I liked how special teams played though, they got good field positon often, didnt give up big returns, didnt miss field goals, etc. The only thing wrong is elling getting hurt.

But i definetly like the heart the team gave after what appeared to be a rout for the colts.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

WaltzingMewelde is offline Training Camp

Proud of this team!

This game was frustrating to watch. For one thing, the vikings looked unprepared the whole game. Too many players on the field, too few players on the field...what did that lead to...misuse of timeouts.

Their two minutes drill is pathetic. Ive seen high schools manage the clock better under 2 minutes. Culpepper needs to learn to get his team to the line of scrimmage and run a damn play. In the first half, i was disgusted. We didnt even get a shot at the end zone because of their performance under the pressure of the clock.

Tackling. This is god awful. We missed tackles all nite. Coupled with the misuse of timeouts, the tackling ended up costing us the game. Granted Peyton made a very heady play with the left handed shovel pass, but come on. Edgerrin broke three tackles within five yards on the way to getting the first down to seal the game. If someone makes a tackle there, we call timeout, force a field goal try and we get the ball back with a chance to tie or win.

I dont care if its with or without moss, home or on the road. We need to go out prepared and win these kind of tough games. yeah, they came back from 14 down...who gives a sh*t. We lost. This is a game we easily could have came away with, but in true viking style, they found a way to blow it.
    SKOL!!!!

Proud of this team!

"shockzilla" wrote:
    You know what? I disagree with a lot of you guys - they didn't play well, especially on defense in the first quarter! And that fumbled exchange the first play of the game - what a pathetic display! They really embarassed themselves right off the bat. And when they scored with 2+ minutes left to tie it at 28, I knew it was over. There was NO WAY they were going to stop the Colts in the last 2 minutes of the game. Call me cynical, but their defense left a LOT to be desired tonight. Missed tackles ALL NIGHT, stupid penalties (The Johnstone hit was an iffy call if you ask me), and that pass rush was non-existent most of the night! They had several missed opportunities for interceptions as well. Overall I'd give their performance a C+, tops. They really need to improve their defensive schemes or it's going to be a long season...
    I agree 100%
    Even babies know the difference.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Proud of this team!

"PhxFan" wrote:
    Other than speed...I can't believe our huge line was getting beat all night by the Colts D line. And if ONE guy is giving you grief, gang up on him...but the way that was going, would of opened up for someone else. I kept waiting for them to bear down/get mad/shut that line down/push them out of the way...do something to them..............
    They did adjust for Freeney...sliding the line down and pulling Birk or a guard to help McKinney...then the Colts switched him to the other side and he got that last sack...overall, the line did fairly well...good enough to win. The real blame is on the poor tackling of the defense...they need to get more third down stops and get the ball back to the offense...the time of possession in the first half was crucial.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Proud of this team!

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    you guys just don't get it...you can scream and jump all you want...the vikes do not have the players with the talent level to have a good defense. so there's nothing we can do about it but sit down and grit our teeth. it upsets me seeing the missed tackles and weak coverage but i've learned to expect it. also please try to remember that mccombs had every oppurtunity in the world to obtain kearse, trotter, and other defensive talent out there and he chose not to. it's like asking tice to build a strong house with clay.
    We have the TALENT, just not enough experience...that will come with time, just not this year unfortunately. I think that we are a year away from being Super Bowl champions (although I am totally prepared to win it this year and be wrong)...the defense just needs to work on getting better (which they have done as the year progresses) and most importantly, the Vikings need to win the games that they are supposed to win (no repeat of last year)...we do that and we will be in the playoffs, which is like a new season (the Sox proved that if you go on a tear late, you can win it all)...so focus on getting to the playoffs and then put it all together...we may be surprised at what we have at the end of the season.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Proud of this team!

Defense did pretty crappy last night. We really need our linebackers to step it up I know they are young but that is what is killing us the most. Tackling was awful. Why Tice called time out on the first drive on 3rd and 33 not sure except maybe to get the team settled down after the fumble stupid call though. Then at the end of the first half what kind of clock management was that. Daunte didn't hurry and get the ball downed and then they let the clock go to two seconds before calling the time out what were they smoking. They could have taken one more shot at the end zone and got a touchdown instead of the field goal which could have made the difference but you can't second guess what might have happened but they definately had bad clock management at the end of the first half. So the first half of the game I blame mistakes on the offense and clock management. The offense couldn't do anything the first half and our defense was on the field the majority of the first half and only allowed 14 points which if the offense had played smarter could have caught up. The second half you could blame on the defense. Nobody tackled it seems every play I was screaming at the tv to tackle. Then the stupid play by Johnstone pretty much sealed the deal. I have given the defense credit over that last few games of getting better and they just needed a little time but last nights second half was surely a pathetic effort by our defense. If we lose next week or should I say this week against the pack I hate to say it but it will be hard for them to overcome this and it will start to look a lot like last year. The defense needs to show us something next week and everyone else needs to play mistake free football.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Proud of this team!

all i have to say is hovan needs to go or step it up, his idol was/is john randle......right now he couldnt even hold his jock strap. mnf.........last minutes of the game.......lets take a swipe at the QBs head IN THE MIDDLE of the field, johnstone YOURE A MORON!!! strike two for him. And mt. mckinnie played like a dormant mountain, no eruptions....OOH WAIT, prematurely....oops......and another thing, his play last night was like his fri night battles.....AWFUL!!!!!
    when will the vikings play for sixty minutes as a team? more boneheads out to birk and tice. way to go, embarrasing!!!!! and sorry to anyone who is offended by this........but i dont sugar coat my football opinions.

Proud of this team!

"little redhead" wrote:
    Defense did pretty crappy last night. We really need our linebackers to step it up I know they are young but that is what is killing us the most. Tackling was awful. Why Tice called time out on the first drive on 3rd and 33 not sure except maybe to get the team settled down after the fumble stupid call though. Then at the end of the first half what kind of clock management was that. Daunte didn't hurry and get the ball downed and then they let the clock go to two seconds before calling the time out what were they smoking. They could have taken one more shot at the end zone and got a touchdown instead of the field goal which could have made the difference but you can't second guess what might have happened but they definately had bad clock management at the end of the first half. So the first half of the game I blame mistakes on the offense and clock management. The offense couldn't do anything the first half and our defense was on the field the majority of the first half and only allowed 14 points which if the offense had played smarter could have caught up. The second half you could blame on the defense. Nobody tackled it seems every play I was screaming at the tv to tackle. Then the stupid play by Johnstone pretty much sealed the deal. I have given the defense credit over that last few games of getting better and they just needed a little time but last nights second half was surely a pathetic effort by our defense. If we lose next week or should I say this week against the pack I hate to say it but it will be hard for them to overcome this and it will start to look a lot like last year. The defense needs to show us something next week and everyone else needs to play mistake free football.
    Must have stumbled on some of Onterrio's old stash...LOL

Cut Johnstone!!!

What this team needs in some good old Form Tackling Drill and some Bull in the Ring!!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Proud of this team!

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened.
    Keith Newman made the correct play on that last pass to James. He came in from Manning's right side, and got his arms up right in front of Mannings throwing arm. Manning switch the ball to his left hand to throw it. There's no way Newman had time to bring his arms back down to block the left arm too. That was just a good play by Manning. If Kevin Williams had actually tackled James on that play, they would have been stopped short, and the Vikings would have had time for a drive after the inevitable field goal. James just was shedding tackles all night, and that's what killed us. You can't blame Newman for that play.

I thought the defensive coaches actually did a decent job this game. The defense looked bad in the first half, again, due mostly to bad tackles, but Manning was picking tehm apart pretty well. Then, at the half, they obviously made some adjustments to their plan. In the second half, the defense was using a lot more pre-snap shifts, which frequently made Manning go to a second or sometimes third play. As a results, the Colts didn't seem as crisp in the second half, especially their blocking schemes, and the Vikings had a bit more luck stopping them. That gave the offense the opportunity to get back into the game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast