Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Daddy is offline Starter

Proud of this team!

I am proud of the team comming from behind and making a game of it and not just rolling over and getting pounded. But a loss is still a loss and it doesn't matter if its by 1 or 100. The Viks need to figure out how to win without Moss and the D needs to get way better.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

T-Bone is offline Rookie

Proud of this team!

Watching Hovan again, saw some double teams but one on one a lot and still no pressure. Could trade him along with a RB for some defensive stud.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Proud of this team!

You know what? I disagree with a lot of you guys - they didn't play well, especially on defense in the first quarter! And that fumbled exchange the first play of the game - what a pathetic display! They really embarassed themselves right off the bat. And when they scored with 2+ minutes left to tie it at 28, I knew it was over. There was NO WAY they were going to stop the Colts in the last 2 minutes of the game. Call me cynical, but their defense left a LOT to be desired tonight. Missed tackles ALL NIGHT, stupid penalties (The Johnstone hit was an iffy call if you ask me), and that pass rush was non-existent most of the night! They had several missed opportunities for interceptions as well. Overall I'd give their performance a C+, tops. They really need to improve their defensive schemes or it's going to be a long season...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

T-Bone is offline Rookie

Proud of this team!

Can a defensive coordinator really help the team make tackles? It seems pretty basic to me. Stop the guy with the ball. If the Vikes aren't hungry on defense, it doesn't matter who is calling the shots. Last year we saw Chavous and Russell all over the field. This year you don't even notice them.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Proud of this team!

Other than speed...I can't believe our huge line was getting beat all night by the Colts D line. And if ONE guy is giving you grief, gang up on him...but the way that was going, would of opened up for someone else. I kept waiting for them to bear down/get mad/shut that line down/push them out of the way...do something to them..............

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Proud of this team!

you guys just don't get it...you can scream and jump all you want...the vikes do not have the players with the talent level to have a good defense. so there's nothing we can do about it but sit down and grit our teeth. it upsets me seeing the missed tackles and weak coverage but i've learned to expect it. also please try to remember that mccombs had every oppurtunity in the world to obtain kearse, trotter, and other defensive talent out there and he chose not to. it's like asking tice to build a strong house with clay.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Proud of this team!

"shockzilla" wrote:
    You know what? I disagree with a lot of you guys - they didn't play well, especially on defense in the first quarter! And that fumbled exchange the first play of the game - what a pathetic display! They really embarassed themselves right off the bat. And when they scored with 2+ minutes left to tie it at 28, I knew it was over. There was NO WAY they were going to stop the Colts in the last 2 minutes of the game. Call me cynical, but their defense left a LOT to be desired tonight. Missed tackles ALL NIGHT, stupid penalties (The Johnstone hit was an iffy call if you ask me), and that pass rush was non-existent most of the night! They had several missed opportunities for interceptions as well. Overall I'd give their performance a C+, tops. They really need to improve their defensive schemes or it's going to be a long season...
    The first half was not good and there were times when our D players looked totally disinterested going up to the line of scrimmage. The Colts made smart calls when using WRs to clear our DBs from one side of the field so that a TE or RB could flare out into all that space.
    Tackling was p££s poor all game and is such a basic thing for a defensive player. The DL could have done with getting more pressure on Manning but they did have their moments. Cottrell, so far, has not shown us the much-improved D that training camp promised. I can see that we need another DT to go with KWill and BKU to have a consistent DL. We obviously miss Irving but another tier 1 FA CB/MLB need to be brought in as well.
    STs looked better than they have for awhile and Burleson finally broke a big one out for us. I was waiting for a flag to come flying in after the play and was pleasantly surprised when there wasn't one.

Offensively we stuttered in the first half but did start to pull it together in the second. SOD played well as did Wiggins and the WRs, though they all need to learn to push for that extra yard to get the first down.

In all a better second half than first though not enough to justify them winning. Tice and the staff need to get their game plans prepared and executed better, work on their clock/time out management - otherwise more games will be lost through either being out-coached or just through bonehead decisions
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Proud of this team!

I still have patience with our defense. I do agree with you guys about the missed tackles. On several plays we could have had Edge for no gain or even a loss but he ended up gaining 7 or 8 yards because of piss poor tackling.

But I knew we'd struggle defensively in this game. Enlvikeman is partly right...we didn't have the talent on defense to match up well in THIS game. The Colts just have way too many weapons to defend.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Proud of this team!

They played well. I am proud of them. Our offense kept with them even without the best reciever in the game. It was mistake free football on both reams (except that one fumble on first play). No turnovers. Great Job Burley! That was a Vikes moment I will never forget.

Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened. We need to get healthy. I still think we have the potential to make if far, to the playoffs, and maybe even the superbowl, but our best year will be next year, when we get healthy again. I am convinced that if we were 100% healthy for at least most of the time this year we would be 8-0 now. Jimmy would have been awesome helping us block vs the Eagles, and Moss could ahve lit up both the Giants and Colts.

Our backups have stepped up as decent starters, but they jsut arent cutting it much anymore, we need healthy linebackers, we miss Irvin dearly, Moss needs to come back fast, him being out is taking the faith out of the entire team, Rosenthal being healthy would have taken away about 6-8 of our false start penalties in the last few games. I still have high hopes for this year, we could still win it all, we have the talent. But our best team will be next year if we can get everyone back. If we get them all back then its not a "might be the best" situation, we WILL be the best in the NFL and we WILL win the superbowl, perhaps for the second year in a row...you can quote me on that.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Proud of this team!

All I can say now is look out Wisconsin. You are about to get a pissed off train coming in your direction. We know what we have to do, and you are about to get the blunt of it in your face.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast