Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Props to the Vikings...

Clearly it looked like Ross had it, but it doesnt matter if the refs dont see that. They have to wait until the pile is cleared, players and coaches know this, and fumble drills are practiced with this in mind. Ross was unable to keep it in the melee, therefore... Packers ball. Both instances were insane bad luck on both sides.[/quote]

Not going to disagree with you there, except for one thing, when they cleared the pile the Vikes had it! How did they make that call is my question?

Sig courtesy of josdin00

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Props to the Vikings...

Your right he was unable to keep it so Larry Ned came out with it, if you havnt notice NED #28 plays for the vikings. That should = Vikings ball right??? Wrong not when your playing the refs.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

Props to the Vikings...

I saw that also, but obviously the Packers must have had it. Do you really think the refs are going to blatantly lie and call it for GB directly in front of the Vikings? If that were the case you would have seen some Vikings absolutely blow there tops. What probably happened was the ref called it on the field were we couldnt hear it (before the signal) and the packers immediatly went into celebration mode. Which ever packer had the ball probably started celebrating and no longer continued to try and hold the ball.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Props to the Vikings...

Your wrong dude, and yes i do expect that from the refs. So i probably shouldnt be so shocked, this is a never ending story.

Props to the Vikings...

"GBMiah" wrote:
    I saw that also, but obviously the Packers must have had it. Do you really think the refs are going to blatantly lie and call it for GB directly in front of the Vikings? If that were the case you would have seen some Vikings absolutely blow there tops. What probably happened was the ref called it on the field were we couldnt hear it (before the signal) and the packers immediatly went into celebration mode. Which ever packer had the ball probably started celebrating and no longer continued to try and hold the ball.
    Oh yeah, clearly that's what happened! More like the refs blew the call and cost the Vikings the game. It's funny how Packers fans can't even come up with a logical reason why the Packers got the ball on that fumble. Hope the refs get called out on this one after the game.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Props to the Vikings...

I think Mike Tice said it best at his press conference I don't have a transcript so I am paraphrasing here "I don't know what happened we had the ball, well they got the ball so I guess we didnt have the ball, I guess I just saw a myth."

Sig courtesy of josdin00

SacredStar is offline Rookie

Props to the Vikings...

The refs have sucked all season in most games I have watched. Something has to be done to correct this, alot of teams have been critical of the officiating this entire season.

Some of those bad calls/noncalls have directly affected game outcomes and you really have to wonder if the end result is preplanned.

Conspiracy theory or not, I feel that if the refs are paid full time all year long and have retraining the entire offseason, that will improve the situation. They have to make officiating a full time job year around.

I know it sucks to feel jobbed by the refs, but the bottom line is that every team has to overcome the bad calls/noncalls and not put themselves in a situation to lose by a refs mistake. The refs are human and are bound to error in judgement. Sometimes it works out for your team, other times it doesn't.
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Props to the Vikings...

The refs arent full time... or at least they werent just a few years back (does anyone know for sure?) They are all part time...
    3 Straight Division Champs

SacredStar is offline Rookie

Props to the Vikings...

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    The refs arent full time... or at least they werent just a few years back (does anyone know for sure?) They are all part time...
    They are not full time.....I was suggesting that they should be full time to improve the overall professionalism of that job.
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Props to the Vikings...

ohhh, i re-read it... my bad... thanks for the clarification... and in hindsight i agree with you
    3 Straight Division Champs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast