Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GBMiah is offline Rookie

Props to the Vikings...

Definitely a big ups to the Vikings. they had me worried for a bit. Culpepper is a legend in the making. This week and last week proves that the Vikings O can get it done without Moss. Lots of bad calls went both ways, I think it was a combination of just horrible execution on defense combined with the fact that the Vikes have an explosive Offense that allowed the Vikings to crawl into it. It was a win, and you cant really fault the Packers D, for giving up 31. It is the Vikes after all. This division will go down to the wire again.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

GopherAndPackFan is offline Training Camp

Props to the Vikings...

"eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    No this is nowhere near last year! They just played two of the best teams in the league on the road and lost on last second field goals two weeks in a row, I wouldn't exactly call that a collapse.. oh yeah by the way neither of those teams had to cover Moss. The Pack better hope the Vikes collapse because if they don't it will be a long Christmas Eve for Green Bay
    Dude, stop talking trash for a little bit. You lost, we won, no reason that you should be talking like that right now.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Props to the Vikings...

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Yeah- I thought it was just a classic NFC Norse battle... sucked for both groups of fans, but as a straight football game, even I can say close to a classic....
    This wasn't a straight football game and you know it.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Props to the Vikings...

well, bad call on the 4th and one spot and bad call on the last fumble.. BOTH game changing playes.... what can ya say...

but if you want to whine like Cully did on his spot for a first down, go ahead, stomp your feet... whine...

the respectable viking fans will discuss, not whine and make excuses...
    3 Straight Division Champs

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Props to the Vikings...

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Excellent game. Pack won like the should have, but the Vikes showed some heart... Nice comeback! Look forward to talking with ya'll....

FIRST PLACE PACKERS BABY!!!!
    Was a good game, we definitely lacked in D, but did show some heart in the 4th. I wouldn't feel bad about losing this one...other than bad refs. I feel we coulda/shoulda had this one!

Props to the Vikings...

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    I think the mostake was more the return (regardless of the fumble) I think your lack of a deep kicker cost you a game...
    Yes, Jose Cortez will be back at Fed Ex next week. I don't understand why they didn't just let Morten Andersen kick them off, he can do it better than Jose "Girly Leg" Cortez can.

We need to find a new kicker and fast. When did we ever think we would miss Aaron Elling? :scratch:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Props to the Vikings...

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    We'll see but after being 1-4 you have to admit the Packers are the better team... right now...
    I don't necessarily think we have to admit that... again I hate to say this because I don't want to sound whiny, however if not for that fumble call the Vikings likely win and have a two game lead in the division, the fact is Green Bay won the game so credit to them but we will see how long that lead lasts. Green Bay has the toughest part of their schedule left and Minnesota is through theirs. Good luck the rest of the way and I look forward to watching Minnesota smack the pack around in the dome

Sig courtesy of josdin00

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Props to the Vikings...

I AGREE with the fumble call in the end... BUT, rewind back to the 4th and 1 bad spot and who knows what happens...
    3 Straight Division Champs

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Props to the Vikings...

The RB's momentum was stopped once his momentum is stopped, thats where the ball is placed. The refs REVIEWED it, and called it right.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

Props to the Vikings...

The play is stopped when the whistle blows, no matter which way the ball carrier was going. He was clearly well beyond the first down when the whistle blew. but the refs are not to be blamed for that call because if they cant see, they have to guess. Same thing with the late fumble. Clearly it looked like Ross had it, but it doesnt matter if the refs dont see that. They have to wait until the pile is cleared, players and coaches know this, and fumble drills are practiced with this in mind. Ross was unable to keep it in the melee, therefore... Packers ball. Both instances were insane bad luck on both sides.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast