Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shawn is offline Rookie

Re: props to Mr.Wilf

I think that he has made some great moves so far and cant wait until next season.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

What is the role of an owner - any owner of ANY business? They want to make a fair profit for their goods or services. They are to hire good employees and to provide safe and good working conditions to those employees. They should pay a fair and equitable wage and provide whatever other incentives they can afford to keep their employees happy and productive.
    On each of those points, Wilf has excelled.
    Sometimes owners get blamed for poor football teams and in some cases that is correct because they are too cheap. We saw that in "Red." But if an owner does what I have listed above, (and Wilf has) he can do no more. The rest is up to his employees.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I will reserve judgement on Wilf until the end of next season. I have to witness more of the decisions he has made before I can give him the highly sought-after "Ultra Seal of Approval".

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Cojomay, that may perhaps be a little bit, ummm, perfect world there. You have not mentioned someone with the same goals that micromanages....ala Jerry Jones. Or someone who will write the checks without clue one, like Daniel Snyder....he assembled a pro-bowl team from what '96 in '03. And then there are owners who likely have that same motivation, but dance to their own drummer, ...like Al Davis. Ask a raider fan about Davis, ...hehehehehhehehe.

Wilf hasn't been around long enough to tell. We have a schism in the making in our front office/draft crew/FA crew. Perhaps they will all speak latin, rather than one latin, one greek, and well, so, much for that analogy...there isn't an English (or Spanish, or Aramaic ) Orthodox. Power struggles are really, really bad....that triangle bit? I will be amazed if it works....no accountablility there. First really, really bad move I have seen outta Wilf. Perhaps he can make it work.

Its nice to remake the business...but, ummm, we just threw out a ton of experience....now we get newb coaches going through learning curves. Players going through learning curves, three new systems (including special teams) , and an owner going through rookie learning curve.

Jury is out, nothing you can hang your hat on yet.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    Jury is out, nothing you can hang your hat on yet.
    Very well put UT!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Seems good so far. IMO he has done everything that he could possibly do to show that he is in this for the long haul. He has shown that he will do whatever it takes to put together a great coaching staff, and has already said tha money is not an option to bring a World Championship to Minnesota. To me, he is leagues ahead of our previous owner, and that should not be taken for granted..

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

oh yeah the reason we got smoot, sharper and pat williams is all because of red mccombs; open your eyes people he already did a lot more than redneck has ever done and thats not even one full season as the owner.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Prophet Guest

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    oh yeah the reason we got smoot, sharper and pat williams is all because of red mccombs; open your eyes people he already did a lot more than redneck has ever done and thats not even one full season as the owner.
    I had to go back and read the posts in the thread to see who you were talking to. The best I can figure is you must have been mumbling to yourself.

So far so good. We'll see what happens. Right now I would have a tough time picking another current owner that I would rather have leading the way.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe I should clarify my earlier post. I guess what I'm saying is the owner's job is fairly simple (or at least it should be). He should hired the best he can and from there on it's up to his coaching staff to produce a winning team, not him. The "cap" will prevent any team from trying to buy a championship like the NY Yankees, but at least the owner should produceim a work enviroment that is condusive to winning. If we have a losing team you can't put it all on Wilf. He's done his part, now it's up to the coaches and team members to produce. He has virtually no control over that. All he can do his hire and fire those who don't produce winners.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12