Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088597
    Typical. The Vikings once again are trying to play ball before they even have their shit together.

For the love of god i once would like to see them do their homework and actually have a solid, comprehensive game plan before the game starts instead of just winging it.

They have been going at this for like 13-15 years and they still don't have a site nailed down.
    Ummm, this isn't the Vikings, it is the city of Arden Hills and teh County of Ramsey who are working this proposal. The Vikings have been invited to the table.

Not sure what your complaint is here. You have to start somewhere. And I seem to remember a stadium proposal in 2005 that not only had a site, but also a financing plan in place that was shot down in the legislature...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623

Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088630

Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1088632

I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak
    move them to a major city in Canada, that waya round trip flying will cost less than $1000 for me!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088633

move them to a major city in Canada, that waya round trip flying will cost less than $1000 for me!
    The Vancouver Vikings B) stadium is already getting a new roof and reno... and its a 4 hour drive for me :laugh: :evil:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1088641

The Vancouver Vikings B) stadium is already getting a new roof and reno... and its a 4 hour drive for me :laugh: :evil:
    nah, vancouver sucks for pro teams. Montreal would be the place IMO. Already have a big football stadium (Olympic stadium) and have a loyal fanbase.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

We could play up here at the FargoDome.

My commute would cut down to a few minutes.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088642

nah, vancouver sucks for pro teams. Montreal would be the place IMO. Already have a big football stadium (Olympic stadium) and have a loyal fanbase.
    They talk funny and every once and awhile a freight car size chunk of concrete falls off the big O .....

forgot about the Epos, Alouettes to Concordes to Alouettes and the Montreal Machine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1088645
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088642

They talk funny and every once and awhile a freight car size chunk of concrete falls off the big O .....

forgot about the Epos, Alouettes to Concordes to Alouettes and the Montreal Machine
    well, they're french-ish, so I wouldn't expect baseball to do well there.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast