Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088597
    Typical. The Vikings once again are trying to play ball before they even have their shit together.

    For the love of god i once would like to see them do their homework and actually have a solid, comprehensive game plan before the game starts instead of just winging it.

    They have been going at this for like 13-15 years and they still don't have a site nailed down.
    Ummm, this isn't the Vikings, it is the city of Arden Hills and teh County of Ramsey who are working this proposal. The Vikings have been invited to the table.

    Not sure what your complaint is here. You have to start somewhere. And I seem to remember a stadium proposal in 2005 that not only had a site, but also a financing plan in place that was shot down in the legislature...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

    I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

    Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088630
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

    I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

    Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak

  5. #15
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1088632
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088630
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

    I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

    Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak
    move them to a major city in Canada, that waya round trip flying will cost less than $1000 for me!

  6. #16
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,772

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088633
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1088632
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088630
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

    I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

    Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak
    move them to a major city in Canada, that waya round trip flying will cost less than $1000 for me!
    The Vancouver Vikings B) stadium is already getting a new roof and reno... and its a 4 hour drive for me :laugh: :evil:

  7. #17
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1088641
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088633
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1088632
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088630
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

    I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

    Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak
    move them to a major city in Canada, that waya round trip flying will cost less than $1000 for me!
    The Vancouver Vikings B) stadium is already getting a new roof and reno... and its a 4 hour drive for me :laugh: :evil:
    nah, vancouver sucks for pro teams. Montreal would be the place IMO. Already have a big football stadium (Olympic stadium) and have a loyal fanbase.

  8. #18
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    We could play up here at the FargoDome.

    My commute would cut down to a few minutes.

  9. #19
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,772

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088642
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1088641
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088633
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1088632
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088630
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

    I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

    Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak
    move them to a major city in Canada, that waya round trip flying will cost less than $1000 for me!
    The Vancouver Vikings B) stadium is already getting a new roof and reno... and its a 4 hour drive for me :laugh: :evil:
    nah, vancouver sucks for pro teams. Montreal would be the place IMO. Already have a big football stadium (Olympic stadium) and have a loyal fanbase.
    They talk funny and every once and awhile a freight car size chunk of concrete falls off the big O .....

    forgot about the Epos, Alouettes to Concordes to Alouettes and the Montreal Machine

  10. #20
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Proposal advances for Vikings stadium in Arden Hil

    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1088645
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088642
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1088641
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088633
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1088632
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088630
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1088623
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1088585
    midgensa, wouldn't that be to the North East instead of the North West?

    Actually it would drive Minneapolis nuts because they would no longer get all the income from the Vikings.:lol:

    Do the politicians not realize this!? If the Vikings move away, whether 30 minutes or thousands of miles, there are going to be shit loads of businesses that suffer in that downtown area. People need to start seeing the BIG picture here, its not like the area doesn't get money back out of investing in the Vikings. Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc etc make way more money when a game is in town than not and we all know the gov gets their share of that. Fans are willing to pay, we just need to get the right plan together to raise the money by sales taxes, local business taxes, naming rights etc etc
    Yes, they realize it. That is one of the big reasons that the Anoka County stadium didn't go through. The Hennepin County representatives make up the biggest single group in the house, and have a lot of weight to throw around. At the time, they were focused on a new Twins stadium and new Gophers stadium, and didn't want to lose out on the possibility of a new Vikings stadium as well.

    I think that now, with the situation being different and Hennepin County knowing that they cannot support another local tax, there will be less opposition to moving it in to the suburbs.

    Couple of things we need to keep in mind:
    1) We are talking about the MINNESOTA Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings. For the first 20 years of their existence, they played in Bloomington, not Minny. So moving out of the city isn't that big of a deal from a fan point of view.
    2) It isn't like they are talking about moving to St Cloud. Arden Hills is still well within the Metro area, and is actuall a bit closer to the population center than the Blaine proposal was.
    3) Suburban stadiums are becoming the norm, mostly because they are more cost effective, and there tends to be land to allow for development and sprawl.
    4) The Wilf's specialized in suburban retail development. The Blaine proposal was so attractive to them because it would have become prime development land. Remember the attached shopping center and on site hotel that was part of the proposal (this was from the additional $1 billion that Wilf pledged to spend in additional development near the stadium). A stadium in Arden Hills on land that is going to government auction anyway probably has him drooling.
    I bet you like this plan as well because it will cut some drive time for you Nodak
    move them to a major city in Canada, that waya round trip flying will cost less than $1000 for me!
    The Vancouver Vikings B) stadium is already getting a new roof and reno... and its a 4 hour drive for me :laugh: :evil:
    nah, vancouver sucks for pro teams. Montreal would be the place IMO. Already have a big football stadium (Olympic stadium) and have a loyal fanbase.
    They talk funny and every once and awhile a freight car size chunk of concrete falls off the big O .....

    forgot about the Epos, Alouettes to Concordes to Alouettes and the Montreal Machine
    well, they're french-ish, so I wouldn't expect baseball to do well there.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stadium updates - including Arden Hills
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 358
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 09:08 PM
  2. Medical Advances, Heart gets Griffin back in game.
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
  3. LA Stadium Proposal Conspiracy
    By Questfor31 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 03:45 AM
  4. Minnesota Vikings stadium proposal
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
  5. Stadium Proposal
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 09:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •