Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

Proof Culpepper facing new animal

Quote from Urlacher:

Q: What are your thoughts on the Vikings offense?
    A: They're good; they are the same thing minus Randy Moss that we have faced the last few years. Thank goodness he's gone so we can do little different things to them now. We can put eight guys in the box now. We can pretty much change our whole game plan now that he is not in there anymore. We used to just play cover two pretty much the whole game and let them gash us in the running game, but I think we'll be able to change that up a little bit this year.

This completely explains why Culpepper is having a hard time. Duante is basically relearning coverage reads and defenses are free to give him tons of different looks.

Us silly fans thought the players would also be home looking at tape and trying to fix the mess, instead we see mid-week boat trip. I say team suspends all players involved one or two game.....who care if we lose. Set a standard and make this a class organization again. I am embarassed to be a Vikings fan at this point. Too bad the situation doesn't seem to bother many of the players.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Proof Culpepper facing new animal

*sigh*

Culpepper can't read coverages? That's silly.

Been debated over and over and its insulting. He's been reading coverages his whole life and is a top rate QB in the NFL. Not that we know that this year, for pete's sake.
    Anyway, you don't get there if you can't do something simple like read coverages. There are other things at work here.

Del Rio Guest

Football is Football.

You can only mask 11 players so many ways, you can only put them in so many formations.

Fact of the matter is this: No matter what the defense wants to do. WHAT they have to do is ALWAYS dictated by the offense.

The Bears are in for a surprise.

tiersius is offline Rookie

I agree the the assesment of Daunte facing new defences - but as for the suspentions - I think we need to find out what actually happened. I know it's obviously a long shot, but what if it's all made up - would you suspend 17 players for taking a boat ride? I'm certainly not against suspending any or all players involved, but I am against jumping to early conclusions.

Tiersius

Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

Well Urlacher pretty clearly stated they have run almost the same coverages and now Moss is gone, Culpepper looks lost. When he proves he can play without his "I win player" then I'll believe he is a top NFL QB.....right now the proof is in the pudding to me.

Yes, much more at work here, I agree. Coaching, line talent, line calls, many new players just learning to play together.

Just posting what a top NFL LS was quoted as saying.

UkViking is offline Rookie

Lets hope PEPP and the rest of the O can show us how they have adapted minus Moss, and give the Bears D plenty of problems.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!