Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Of the projected Viking starters, Who is the weakest link to the team?

"C" wrote:
    Also, our improved pass rush SHOULD be a big help to our CB situation... I hope.
    I will only say this once.. the Vikes made a very wise move in adding proven pressure instead of spending money on corners.. the Giants proved it last year, with solid pressure any average corners can survive in the NFL.. From just a Packers prespective.. I like our chances with Cliffy vs Allen.. it is the interior pressure that scares me from the Vikes..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    At this very moment.. Offensive Tackles.. questions surround your starting left tackle off the field and some questions on the field. At right tackle.. we shall see if Cook can shore up some or another can take his place.

Not far behind is the play of your CB's.. in my unbiased opinion.
    Again, another fan that is judging our CB play based on "Shut Down" corner rational instead of the "Cover 2" scheme.

;D

The addition of a pass rush from the edge will make all of you see that our CB's are actually good for the scheme.

Sure they will still let guys catch the ball in front of them, but that is by design.
    Its what they do after the ball is caught that makes them good.
    Take a look at Griffs numbers.
    His tackles were up there pretty high and he didn't let many get out of his grip for large gains.

Talk shut down corner with a team that runs a Press/Man coverage scheme my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

LMAO !!!,Kevin.You only have to click on quote to make the previous post appears
    on yellow ,what kind of technique is that .LMAO!!!
    El underdog.

KevinK is offline Starter

El vikingo, this is why im in the Yell 95% of the time. Im not very computer savy. LOL! I just cut and paste the quotes.

"KevinK" wrote:
    El vikingo, this is why im in the Yell 95% of the time. Im not very computer savy. LOL! I just cut and paste the quotes.
    Kevin, you can just hit the quote button and the post will show up in quotes.

If you want to add something else you can "Cut/Paste it in and use the Quote function as well.

You can find that quote function in the other buttons (Bottom row, 3rd from right) just by moving your mouse over them and holding it there a sec.
    The use of that button will come up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

KevinK is offline Starter

"El" wrote:
    LMAO !!!,Kevin.You only have to click on quote to make the previous post appears
    on yellow ,what kind of technique is that .LMAO!!!
    Ok now i have figured it out. LOL

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    At this very moment.. Offensive Tackles.. questions surround your starting left tackle off the field and some questions on the field. At right tackle.. we shall see if Cook can shore up some or another can take his place.

Again, another fan that is judging our CB play based on "Shut Down" corner rational instead of the "Cover 2" scheme.

;D

The addition of a pass rush from the edge will make all of you see that our CB's are actually good for the scheme.

Sure they will still let guys catch the ball in front of them, but that is by design.

His tackles were up there pretty high and he didn't let many get out of his grip for large gains.

Talk shut down corner with a team that runs a Press/Man coverage scheme my friend.

;D
    Some time without saying something serious here ,so I am gonna try to do it....This goes for Mr.Green dot.

I know other teams based their
    attack against us in the air ,cause they were afraid of our great ground D,and the QB rush was shitty too.But the numbers our CB had last season was unacceptable,1 INT in all the season long 1 KWill got more int that our starters CB together,the more YAC allowed in the entire league (thing that is not weird looking that our CB were always 5 yards away of their respective Wides) and
    we ranked dead last in pass yards allowed too.

You can say whatever you want about the Cover 2 Defense of Childress(which a member said was cover your mouth in the game and cover your ass in the Press conf.) or the"bend ,don´t break philosophy" ,to hell with that bend don´t break we gotta be harder and more intense in the wings to be a real top defense and this league ,I wouldn´t mind allowing some more TD´S of our opponents If we can improve significantly those numbers.

El underdog.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

If you're grading by weakest link by position and last year's play (that is all we really have to go by at this point), then I would say its close between Cook, Shiancoe and TJ.
    In terms of the "weakest link to the team", I would have to say TJ based on last year's performance and the importance of his position.

Even though I've posted many threads on upgrading the TE position as I believe there is a lot of room for improvement,
    I think the bigger impact to the team will be the play of Cook and TJ vs. Shank.

If B-Mac gets suspended, then there is a significant concern here as well that is magnified by Cook if he doesn't improve.

If life goes great, then Shank will prove to be the weakest link.

I'm not that concerned with our corner play.
    I think their stats are misleading as well and believe they do a good job in what they are asked to do.
    Cedric does seem to get lazy at times though, and was singled out by many teams as the point of attack.
    More pressure by the front 4 and these guys will elevate quickly in people's minds.
    Madieu is going to help these guys as well with his range and over the top coverage.

"El" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

;D

;D
    Some time without saying something serious here ,so I am gonna try to do it....This goes for Mr.Green dot.

I know other teams based their
    attack against us in the air ,cause they were afraid of our great ground D,and the QB rush was poohie too.But the numbers our CB had last season was unacceptable,1 INT in all the season long 1 KWill got more int that our starters CB together,the more YAC allowed in the entire league (thing that is not weird looking that our CB were always 5 yards away of their respective Wides) and
    we ranked dead last in pass yards allowed too.

You can say whatever you want about the Cover 2 Defense of Childress(which a member said was cover your mouth in the game and cover your jiggly butt in the Press conf.) or the"bend ,don´t break philosophy" ,to hell with that bend don´t break we gotta be harder and more intense in the wings to be a real top defense and this league ,I wouldn´t mind allowing some more TD´S of our opponents If we can improve significantly those numbers.
    I hear ya my friend.
    Almost every fan out there would love to see a man to man or press coverage from this team.

Heck it does add more excitement cause you get more INT's from your CB, however, we are designed (players skill sets) for the cover 2.

We would really have to do some manpower shifts if we were to change.
    Guys like Whinny, Gordon, McCauley, M-will, JJ would all have to go as they are better suited as cover 2 guys.

I for one like the concept.
    You force the team to move the ball consistently to beat you instead of giving up a big play about every third series.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D
    I will give you this, your scheme is designed to protect your CB's and allow everything to happen in front of them.. making it less gamble oriented and puts more weight in their reactionary skill sets.

But it still doesn't change the story, regardless of scheme or players, that you allowed people to run over the secondary time and time again.. you point to lack of pressure as the major concern..

Totals Sacks..

GB 36
    MN 38..

It comes down to a couple of key numbers to me..

Completion % 64.2%
    1st downs by pass 222 - Most in the NFL.. you can point to the stout run defense to explain some of that, but way to often when your secondary had to make a play.. it couldn't make a play.
    QB Rating allowed 86.3

In my opinion, your secondary is a soft spot.. with that front 7 last year they knew people were going to pass at them and point blank they couldn't stop them.

Our defense has it's holes as well.. noteably our MLB can't shed a block to save his soul, our SAM backer is always trailing in plays and our CB's can be had with bigger physical recievers. But most noteably is that lack of adjustments by our DC when a team has an effect scheme or player against our coverage.. he won't come out of that base look.. and it cost us a ticket to the Super Bowl last year.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast