Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eelpout72 is offline Starter

ProFootball Weekly: LB's & Jeremiah Trottier

From:http://<font color="blue">http://www...fcnorth</font>

There are some team observers who strongly question the Vikings’ decision to release veteran LB Henri Crockett, who started at strong-side linebacker in 2003. Crockett was let go after Chris Claiborne moved to the SLB spot and the Vikings drafted Dontarrious Thomas in the second round of the April draft. Yet insiders say Claiborne’s heel injury, which limited him in December, remains an issue. If Claiborne ends up missing time during the season, the Vikings, who struck out with multiple free-agent linebackers in the offseason, would most likely use a starting trio of Thomas at the SLB spot with MLB E.J. Henderson and WLB Mike Nattiel — that troika has a combined total of zero career starts. We hear the Vikings are interested in Redskins ILB Jeremiah Trotter, who is expected to be released in June and has the size and speed to play outside linebacker.

hmmm... Jeremiah Trottier, huh? I wonder if there is any truth to this or if its just an unfounded rumor. I know that Redskins werent too happy with him but seem to recall that he was quite good w/philly. With our youth at LB, perhaps he would be a nice addition. Do you guys/gals know anything about him? Is he a head case? Washed up? Will he cost too much $$?

Well, he's a seven year veteran, he started all sixteen games last season, had 91 solo tackles, 10 passes defensed, and 2 forced fumbles. He's about 6-1 and 262 lb. I've never seen him play, but if numbers don't lie, it sounds like a good pickup.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey, I wouldn't mind . . . as long as he puts up similar numbers, or better. What the hell is going on with Claiborne? It sounds like he could miss more games this season as well. Man, is he ever healthy? When we picked him up last year he sounded promising. Shedding the extra pounds he had in Detroit, he looked good at first. I don't know, all those LB's that have never started before worries me, especially if we go with all three. I don't think the Vikes can afford any more "learning on the job" positions on the defensive side. One or two, okay, but they'll never go with all three. So what do they do if Claiborne misses some games?
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Well the Vikings do have a defensive guru now and that might help.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Wouldnt mind i guess. I think we need a vet since claiborne is questionable with his injury and there isint a lot of leadership, veteran wise in our young linebacking core. Wouldnt hurt i guess to give him a try and teach our lb's.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I wouldn't mind getting Trotter, I think he would really be a step up from Crockett, that's for sure. I don't know how much he'll cost, but being a seven year vet hopefully he won't be asking too much. He was really good in Philly, but that whole defense was. He had good corners around him and a good defensive line, so that probably elevated his game or made him look better than he was. I think he put up really good numbers last year, considering he played next to LaVar Arrington who is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. If they cut him I say we should go after him! If nothing else he can teach our young guys!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

gpete13 is offline Starter

The experience from playing with a good defense could really help. That would be a nice pick up.

Hasn't EJ started before?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

I think the vikes should save the cap room they have we added enough in this off-season. Trottier would want alot of money
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Get Trotter, s'long as he isn't asking alot. Let the Redskins overpay for players. We need the depth and he could start.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast