Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    roymtjone is offline Waterboy

Price for Schaub too steep NFL 2006 draft

Price for Schaub too steep
    BY CHARLEY WALTERS
    Pioneer Press
    A little birdie says the Vikings last spring could have had Atlanta Falcons backup quarterback Matt Schaub for two first-round draft picks. But serious talks ended when Minnesota would offer just a first-round pick and a third-round pick.

There was a time during trade discussions that one of the parties involved was convinced Schaub would be coming to Minnesota.

The Vikings' first-round pick (No. 17 overall) last spring, linebacker Chad Greenway, on Tuesday was determined lost for the season with a knee injury suffered early in the Vikings' first exhibition game Monday night.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15282631.htm

O well look like they will retry 2007

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Price for Schaub too steep NFL 2006 draft

If atlanta ever wants to win, they need this guy to be their starting QB and have vick change to WR or RB
    We're bringing purple back.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Falcons declined 1st and 3rd rounder?????????????

I dont get it dude.. And how should we have gotton two first rounders..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Screw Schaub, we've got our QB of the Future in TJ. Anyway, Atlanta are pricing Schaub out of the market.

Del Rio Guest

I don't belive we offered them a first and a third. The article sounds bunk to me.

He is a RFA next season so if the Vikings want to spend some money on an unproven QB who had a few good games statistically that he didn't win......then that will be an option.

Prophet Guest

"Del" wrote:
    ...so if the Vikings want to spend some money on an unproven QB who had a few good games statistically that he didn't win......then that will be an option.
    Every time I read about the price they want for Schaub it only reinforces their lack of confidence in Ron Mexico.
    The coaching staff is locked into using Mexico with his gigantic contract and the team being built around him and Mexico hasn't progressed as the QB that they originally envisioned.
    They know that it is crucial to have a servicable backup ready to go at a moments notice and Schaub is their man.
    The price is set high because the Falcons need him.
    It's like me setting the price for my old pickup at $15K (even though it's worth $400), I need it and am not willing to part with it unless I get enough coin to make it worth my while...opportunity cost is high for me in the pickup situation and for the Falcons in the Schaub situation.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I know this topic is going to be beat to death soon, so I'll get it rolling again.
    Will Childress stick with TJ as the starter next year if he has a similar game as he did against the hapless Packers.
    The only word I've seen regarding TJ's status is when Childress started him because....'he gave us the best possibility to win'.
    That was given the situation with BJ not playing like he historically has as a game manager and another hapless QB, Bollinger, being maimed.

So, will they bide their time and find a Schaub-like alternative and let whoever that is battle it out in camp with TJ or just throw TJ to the wolves and hope he matures quickly?
    Will Bollinger join the soup lines?
    What about BJ?

It sure would be nice if a reporter would talk to Childress during his conference next week and ask a question like, 'so, where do you consider TJack to be now in his development compared to where you would consider him ready?'
    Will be another interesting and way too long offseason.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

It is unknown what the Falcon's will do with Schaub it depends upon who goes in that organization!

If it is Mora JR then Schaub will be a restricted FA with the highest tender and it will take a butt load of money and a 1st and 3rd round draft pick to get him.

If Ron Mexico (Vick) is the one that goes (some rumors have him going to the Raiders) then Schaub will be resigned and will be the QB in Atlanta next year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to the site.

But why post an article that is now 4 months old & disgussed here before?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Big C is offline Coordinator

I doubt we'll go after Schaub. I (personally) feel he is just slightly better than Bollinger. TJ should be the future and Bollinger is a capable backup. Chilli just needs to adapt his scheme to TJs strengths.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast