Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I agree that Peterson will likely not have another season like last....but I could be wrong.

Trouble is, if Peterson does repeat it means that the rest of the "O" hasn't figured it out (still) and we're back to riding AP.

And, despite the fact that the only team that has figured out how to stop AP is the Vikings (just put him on the sidelines...that stops him cold. Frazier and Chiller are MASTERS of that strategy), it still doesn't bode well for us if we're a one-trick pony.

Schedule is another beast. Seriously. Aside from the Browns and the two against Green Bay, I don't see many easy games there. (Fine, the Browns won't be a cake walk either). A top tier team could manage this schedule...we'll need a lot of guys to really step up if we're going to make a serious push this season.

That said, if we DO make a serious push, then there's really no unbeatables to look forward to.

This season is the crucible. We get to see what we really have on both sides of the and on the sidelines.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I agree that Peterson will likely not have another season like last....but I could be wrong.

Trouble is, if Peterson does repeat it means that the rest of the "O" hasn't figured it out (still) and we're back to riding AP.

And, despite the fact that the only team that has figured out how to stop AP is the Vikings (just put him on the sidelines...that stops him cold. Frazier and Chiller are MASTERS of that strategy), it still doesn't bode well for us if we're a one-trick pony.

Schedule is another beast. Seriously. Aside from the Browns and the two against Green Bay, I don't see many easy games there. (Fine, the Browns won't be a cake walk either). A top tier team could manage this schedule...we'll need a lot of guys to really step up if we're going to make a serious push this season.

That said, if we DO make a serious push, then there's really no unbeatables to look forward to.

This season is the crucible. We get to see what we really have on both sides of the and on the sidelines.

Caine

IMO, the Packers won't be easy games. Certainly not easier than Chicago or Detroit.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    IMO, the Packers won't be easy games. Certainly not easier than Chicago or Detroit.
    I sense a small amount of sarcasm in his post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12