Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Pressure is on for Vikes QB Jackson

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Of course Dallas has proven they can build teams that win Super bowls. So far the Vikings have proven that they can assemble enough talent to win it all on paper, but always find a way to lose in the playoffs. Only getting over that hurdle will give us the ability to believe that the team can get it done.
    I am not sure I agree with you my friend.

Jerry didn't build the team that won.
    Infact, he hasn't really done anything since that staff got blown up.
    Truth be told, everyone touts on here that we have X-amount of Probowlers.
    Take a look a the Dallas team.......
    What has that go them?

As to the Vikes.......

THIS organization shouldn't be lumped into the organizations of old (which I assume you are doing by the Playoff statement).

Sure, they haven't done anything in thier short tenure, but my guess is that IF this ownership group can get something done that puts the right amount of money back into thier pockets, they will continue to make this team a winner many times to come.

A victory over us last year?
    I think the discussion is centered on playoffs my friend.
    ;D
    :P
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Of course Dallas has proven they can build teams that win Super bowls. So far the Vikings have proven that they can assemble enough talent to win it all on paper, but always find a way to lose in the playoffs. Only getting over that hurdle will give us the ability to believe that the team can get it done.

What has that go them?

As to the Vikes.......

THIS organization shouldn't be lumped into the organizations of old (which I assume you are doing by the Playoff statement).

Sure, they haven't done anything in thier short tenure, but my guess is that IF this ownership group can get something done that puts the right amount of money back into thier pockets, they will continue to make this team a winner many times to come.

I am not sure what you mean. My reference was in regards to the history of both franchises. Last time I checked, Dallas has won a handful of Lombardi's and we have won...

I am also not sure what you mean by Jerry Jones didn't build the team that won. Didn't they go 1-15 his first year as an owner, send us Walker for ... (Nevermind) and go on to win multiple SB's in the 90's under 2 different coaches? Or did I miss something?

I am lumping the franchise into a group that has yet to win a SB at any point in their history. Dallas would fall into the category of having won several.Maybe not lately but that wasn't my point.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

What has that go them?

As to the Vikes.......

I am not sure what you mean. My reference was in regards to the history of both franchises. Last time I checked, Dallas has won a handful of Lombardi's and we have won...

I am also not sure what you mean by Jerry Jones didn't build the team that won. Didn't they go 1-15 his first year as an owner, send us Walker for ... (Nevermind) and go on to win multiple SB's in the 90's under 2 different coaches? Or did I miss something?

I am lumping the franchise into a group that has yet to win a SB at any point in their history. Dallas would fall into the category of having won several.Maybe not lately but that wasn't my point.
    I see your point, btu don't see how it applies. I was simply stating that Dallas is about 2 years ahead of us in the process of building a Super Bowl Winner. History doesn't mean shit, especially when it has been 15 years. Teams need playoff experience before they win the big one. That's exactly what the Cowboys of the early 90s did.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

What has that go them?

As to the Vikes.......

My point is centered around lately......My focus is what the current regime in MN has nothing to do with the regimes of old therefore, we can't draw any kindof metrics to say that what they have or haven't been able to do in the past.

As to the Jones point, Jerry hasn't done squat since he let his original staff go.
    Not saying he didn't have a hand in building the SB teams early on in his tenure/ownership, I just don't think it was as significant a role as he now plays.

Long story short, how does anything the FO/coaching staffs (that failed) of the Vikes in the 70's, 80's, 90's, early 2000's have to do with the way it is being run now?
    If those cats were still in charge then I would agree cause they would still be making the same bonehead moves.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456