Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pressure is on for Vikes QB Jackson

Do you think TJ cares? I think he is excited to be gettign this press

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Do you think TJ cares? I think he is excited to be gettign this press
    Regardless of what anyone says and however thick your skin is, what people say about you does affect you.

Hopefully, TJ will make all the naysayers eat big crow.

Also, getting negative press doesn't equal endorsements, which is important.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    To me the critical issue is not: will Tarvaris stink. (I am pretty sure that his inconsistent play will continue into 2008).

To me, the real issue is, how many games will he be allowed to start, and how far into the season will we be when they pull him.

I am really afraid of the following sceanrio: It is week 10 and we are 5-5 or 4-6 and looking at some tough matchups, and Childress is saying "He needs more time to develop...". To me, that is the worst possible scenario, and I absolutely think it can happen.
    LOL, if we go 5-5 or 4-6 in first ten games there's something wrong with more than just our QB. We have way to good of team to be cutting 50/50 or below. In the event that Tarvaris is so bad this happens I would be quite sure he's gonna ride the pine. He would have to be pulling a Rex Grossman or worse. IMO Tarvaris is just getting his carear under way, if he plays like he did last year then we can probably expect something similair to his 8-4 record. I don't think there is any doubt we see an improved QB, just the experience alone and the added weapons should make him a better QB.

All Tarvaris is gonna have to do next year to be successful is protect the football and make routine passess and when the long bomb is there we need to take advantage. Although this time instead of Troy being on the recieving end it will be Allison, Rice, or Berrian. IMO your underestimating Tarvaris and his abilities, I don't think you saw very many games last year. A few things to consider when analysing Tarvaris is just how raw he was coming out of the draft. All the skills are there and he's a peice of clay that needs molding. He's wired right and he has drive to be successful. On top of these things he's had the same coaching since he arrived, in the long run this continuty will pay off. If Tarvaris loves the game as much as I think he does he won't allow hiself to fail and ride pine while the team rides off in the sunset. He wants to be apart of it more than anybody.

I expect to see an improved QB, its only natural for a guy to see the greatest leap in year 3.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    To me the critical issue is not: will Tarvaris stink. (I am pretty sure that his inconsistent play will continue into 2008).

To me, the real issue is, how many games will he be allowed to start, and how far into the season will we be when they pull him.

I am really afraid of the following sceanrio: It is week 10 and we are 5-5 or 4-6 and looking at some tough matchups, and Childress is saying "He needs more time to develop...". To me, that is the worst possible scenario, and I absolutely think it can happen.
    LOL, if we go 5-5 or 4-6 in first ten games there's something wrong with more than just our QB. We have way to good of team to be cutting 50/50 or below. In the event that Tarvaris is so bad this happens I would be quite sure he's gonna ride the pine. He would have to be pulling a Rex Grossman or worse. IMO Tarvaris is just getting his carear under way, if he plays like he did last year then we can probably expect something similair to his 8-4 record. I don't think there is any doubt we see an improved QB, just the experience alone and the added weapons should make him a better QB.

All Tarvaris is gonna have to do next year to be successful is protect the football and make routine passess and when the long bomb is there we need to take advantage. Although this time instead of Troy being on the recieving end it will be Allison, Rice, or Berrian. IMO your underestimating Tarvaris and his abilities, I don't think you saw very many games last year. A few things to consider when analysing Tarvaris is just how raw he was coming out of the draft. All the skills are there and he's a peice of clay that needs molding. He's wired right and he has drive to be successful. On top of these things he's had the same coaching since he arrived, in the long run this continuty will pay off. If Tarvaris loves the game as much as I think he does he won't allow hiself to fail and ride pine while the team rides off in the sunset. He wants to be apart of it more than anybody.

I expect to see an improved QB, its only natural for a guy to see the greatest leap in year 3.
    No TJ showed that he is capable of Hurting the team. Look at the first game vs. the Lions. Those 4 picks cost us a game that went into overtime( and neeed 2 missed kicks to get there) He was very young then, but a QB is able to hurt.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

The reason it is a dead horse is because it is totally obvious that this is THE issue for this team. All you have to do is ask anyone in the NFL what the weakness is on the Vikings, and they all point to the QB position.

So you can call it a dead horse, but it is THE issue, because it sticks out like a sore thumb...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    The reason it is a dead horse is because it is totally obvious that this is THE issue for this team. All you have to do is ask anyone in the NFL what the weakness is on the Vikings, and they all point to the QB position.

So you can call it a dead horse, but it is THE issue, because it sticks out like a sore thumb...
    I don't have to ask anyone, I come up with my own analysist, Giving into to what Rod Woodson says on NFLN is a mistake. Hell Adam Shefner is so lost he thinks John David is gonna be playing EARLY.

Problem with our so called weakness is it's not such a weakness. Given Tarvaris is young plenty expect a very heavty improvement. If not we got Ferrotte who can win football games. Ferrotte is lucky to be Ferrotte so late in his carear. This would be the best team Ferrotte has ever played on and he went 9-7 last time he started a season.

IMO theres too many people overating the QB position. It is the most important position on the team but never do they alone determine winning and loosing. When Manning won the SB he was basically shut down in the post season but because the Colts had GREAT defense great things happened. We don't need a hero QB, we really arn't built to need one but I garuntee we want one. Is it gonna happen overnight, probably not but in the Childress era we will strive to get better all the time and thats why we drafted Tarvaris because he wants to get better.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    Personally I think people are putting too much on the Vikings right now.
    My only expectation is that we should make the playoffs, even if that means we are 1-and-done I would still be satisfied.
    No.
    In Childress's third year I expect better than one and done.
    People got on Tice's case and thought he was a bad coach, well he even did better than one and done.
    With the talent we have on this team there is absolutely no excuse to go one and done.
    I'm tired of mediocre sports teams, this is a good team and the coaches and players better make it work.
    We have one of the best rushing attacks in the game, a solid OLine, what could be the leagues best defense, and our starting QB going into his third year in the league.
    This team had better do better than one and done.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'll have to agree with Schutz on this one.
    If the Vikings make the playoffs, their next goal as a team and organization should be nothing short of a Super Bowl Appearence, and we all know if you've earned the right to take the field in the Super Bowl, that game also, you play to do nothing but win it....

I was talking with Marstc and kevin K., the other night in my yard.

I said it then and I'll continue to say it from here on out.
    The Vikings as a team, and the FO and Coaches, are now looking at a chance of a lifetime.
    I believe we can win it all this year and I believe on any given day, we will be able to beat any other team there is at this time in the NFL....PERIOD.

I won't be happy with anything more than a Super Bowl Apperance and a trip home to MN with Trophy in hand......Thats my honest opinion...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:
    "misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    Personally I think people are putting too much on the Vikings right now.
    My only expectation is that we should make the playoffs, even if that means we are 1-and-done I would still be satisfied.
    No.
    In Childress's third year I expect better than one and done.
    People got on Tice's case and thought he was a bad coach, well he even did better than one and done.
    With the talent we have on this team there is absolutely no excuse to go one and done.
    I'm tired of mediocre sports teams, this is a good team and the coaches and players better make it work.
    We have one of the best rushing attacks in the game, a solid OLine, what could be the leagues best defense, and our starting QB going into his third year in the league.
    This team had better do better than one and done.
    No.
    In Childress's third year, I expect better than the previous two.
    People got on Tice's case and thought he was a bad coach, not because he did better than one and done, but rather he was losing grip of the team.
    Oh, and because he SUCKED.
    With the talent we have on this team, there is no excuse to be better than last years team or to miss the playoffs.
    I, too, am tired of mediocre sports teams, though..
    And I agree as well that this is a good team.
    Certainly all that is involved with putting up W's should make it work.
    But, even with the best rushing offense and defense, and a somewhat solid offensive line protecting our still-uncertain third year QB, while I'd love to say this team is better than a one and done, I can't expect anything more as such until the season starts.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

lol
    Not again.
    VikingsTw.. No use arguing for T-Jack..
    StillPurple is CERTAIN he will drive our purple-mobile straight into the Grand Canyon..
    Or some other frighteningly jagged gorge.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast